Welcome to the weekend! It's Saturday morning... just made pancakes for breakfast, per Chloe's request, and now the girls are watching tv and I'm gettin' ready to take a shower.
P.S. Hope you like the new look of my blog! :) I was getting tired of lookin' at the snowflakes.. Since we have more than enough snow we must look at everyday out our windows! I think I'm gonna' take a picture sometime of the amazingly huge pile out in front of our house so you understand just how crazy the snowfall has been around here!
So Chris is going to spend half the day hanging drywall in the Office in the basement. Now that the room is basically cleaned out down there, I realized it's almost the size of one of the girls' bedrooms! I jokingly said to Chris last night, "Wow! We could have a third kid! This could be another bedroom!" hah. (Most days I am very much convinced that I'm not cut out to be a Mom - especially of multiple children.)
Anyway, after last weekend, I decided it might be fun to take a real family vacation just the 4 of us, without extended family, like we usually do... I think we could handle it! It is nice because Chris and I must work as a team - I call it "team parenting" - which I feel doesn't normally happen on a daily basis. So in my free time - just to humor myself - I am going to search for cool vacation destinations and probably find some, get excited, and then come to realize just how expensive it would be - and then give up on my family of 4 vacation dream for this year! haha. We usually take a vacation with Chris' parents every other year because typically they can't afford to take a big, long vacation every year. Chris' mom said she got online to find the house we stayed in last year in Mackinaw and she said it was still there, so indeed we could rent it again this summer (the owner had put the house up for sale last year, so we weren't sure if it'd still be available to rent again). So that right there tells me that she reallly wants to go again this summer, and usually the women are the ones to convince the husbands to go on vacation. :) So I guess I can continue to hope. I would be perfectly okay with going there 2 years in a row! It was so beautiful and wonderful.
So anyway - that is about all the updates I have for now... I really need to take my shower so Chris can start working downstairs. Hope you have a good weekend... stay warm!
p.s. If you can listen to the music on here, be sure to listen to song #1 - a new one I just added to the list - it's a new favorite of mine and is wonderful!!
No comments:
Post a Comment