Thursday, January 8, 2009

What we've been up to...

Well I feel like I need to update since I rarely do, yet I'm not sure what to write about!

So this is finally the week my work schedule has returned to normal, and Chloe returned to preschool, too. But what we realized throughout the crazy Christmas schedule, is that maybe it would be nice for me to work Mon, Wed, & Fri - having Tues & Thurs off - rather than working 3 days in a row - Wed thru Fri, as I do now. It would give both me & my Mom a "day off" in between watching the girls - so neither of us would get worn out as easily. I know after Monday & Tuesday of being at home, I'm usually ready to leave the house for work on Weds... so I can only imagine how my Mom must feel to watch the girls 3 days in a row. Anyway, I was going to propose this to the Priest's and see what they say, but there's some other issues that have to get sorted out first, with the lady who usually works Mon & Tues, but has been "on leave" for the past 5 months or so. So hopefully before Feburary I will know whether this new schedule will work or not.

So back in the Fall, I had completely dreaded Winter coming and having the girls cooped up inside for so many months until Spring, but I realized the other day it hasn't been so bad. You sorta' just adapt and come up with new things to play with and new routines... like going to the library after preschool or taking the girls out to lunch once in a while... And of course I've been in baking & cooking mode the past few months - so I fill my time with baking at least once a week, which the girls love to "help" with. :) So in all it hasn't been such a bad Winter - the worst part has been the sickness - and how the girls seem to get colds after being out in the cold too many days in a row or something. Usually on the weekends we either go out to dinner as a family, or after eating dinner at home, we go out shopping - usually to Menard's, our favorite store, I guess, cuz you can get just about anything there. And we've been looking all over at the things on clearance from Christmas. So that is how we fill our time.

We've been trying to get organized lately - we bought some wooden shelves and drawers to store some of the girls toys in, in the basement, to reduce the cluttery look... and Chris has been working really hard emptying the room downstairs meant to be his office... but has been a big junk room storing tons of random things. He has been cleaning it out in his spare time - mainly on the weekends - and now our 'furnace room' has become a very organized junk storage room (haha) with homemade wooden shelves stacked full of boxes and stuff, and his office area is slowly becoming more empty, and ready for him to do new drywall and flooring. :) How exciting this will be!

We are also getting ready for a fun little get-a-way in a few weeks... My cousin is getting married about 2 and a 1/2 hours away and Chloe & Maya will be the flower girls... so we are going to leave on Friday and drive there - so we can attend the wedding rehearsal that evening. And then on Saturday we will have fun hanging out in the hotel (I hope! haha) and the wedding will be close to dinner time, so we are hoping to get some naps in for the girls before it begins. And then we'll of course stay the night again and leave to go home on Sunday. I am looking forward to a weekend away as a family and being with extended family while we're there will seem like a great big family reunion of sorts!

Well, I guess that is the update for now... as I should probably get back to work.

No comments: