Thursday, May 17, 2007

Busy days

I can't believe how long it's been since I've actually written here! Things are just way TOO busy lately -- at home and here at work. I guess I'll try & give a brief update on things that have happened since last weekend!

Well, last Saturday I was able to go to the greenhouse in the morning & buy flats of flowers like I wanted to! That was exciting for me! It's not often Chris will stay home with Chloe and Maya by himself while I go & do something. I took my Mother-in-law with me and she bought some flowers, too. We were not impressed with the selection, though.. It's like the wholesale people came in and wiped out the greenhouses, so there wasn't much to choose from. The flowers I bought were just leaves - with no blooms yet so that wasn't very fun. And then of course I didn't even have time to plant them. We went out Saturday evening for Chris' b-day with our friends from Church - we ate at Ground Round and then we went and played miniature golf. I am terrible at it and no matter what the par was, it would take me 5 hits to get the ball in each hole almost every time! It was still fun, though!

Sunday morning - Mother's Day and Chris' birthday - I got up and made cinnamon rolls for Chris for breakfast (his favorite) and then we went to Church and after that, to Chris' Grandma & Grandpa's house (his Mom's parents) for lunch. After that, I really wanted to plant my flowers, since it was Mother's Day in all, and I thought I should get to do something I wanted to do... But not the case... Chris had things HE wanted to get done outside, so I was stuck alone in the house watching the children, like usual, and I didn't get to do anything. It was very frustrating and made me very mad. Instead of getting to do something enjoyable for myself, I had to race around the house trying to clean, since we were having my Mom and step-Dad and my sister & her husband over for dinner to celebrate Mother's Day with my Mom. He let met leave the house long enough to race to the grocery store and get some food for the dinner, and then race home. And even then, I had to take Maya down to my Grandma's house so he only had to watch Chloe in the backyard. So it was a bad Mother's Day for me. I just wanted to do something that I wanted to do & it didn't happen. It was such a long weekend.

Anyhow, Monday came and I was blessed that both Chloe and Maya went to sleep at the same time in the afternoon, so I could go outside and plant my flowers. (It had become clear to me that this was the ONLY way I'd ever get them planted; if I forfeited my nap time!) I didn't nearly finish planting all the flowers, but I got some of them planted in the backyard and in the front of the house, before I got so sweaty, gross and tired that I gave up and came in the house! I tried to finish my planting on Tuesday during their nap time, but Maya refused to sleep and I couldn't get more than a few flowers planted before she started to cry continuously. It gets so old trying to multi-task all the time. Everything is a major event - whether it's changing the bedding or doing laundry or just making lunch.. or going to the bathroom! I wish my husband could stay home for a day and realize just how hard it is to deal with 2 little children all while trying to be a good 'housewife' as well. He has no clue! If I get the dishes done or the laundry done during the day, it's a major accomplishment! Dinner was the hugest hassel ever on Tuesday night and it ended with 2 screaming children - and it was just awful. I wanted to throw them both out the window at one point! (I feel like such a bad mother sometimes!) I finally just put Chloe in her room & shut the door so the screaming wasn't so loud - but then I had to endure her pounding on her door like mad. It seems Tuesday's are always rough and I'm so glad for Wednesday to roll around so I can go to work!

So anyhow, that's life in a nutshell. I never seem good at "making a long story short." Sorry! Now it's back to work for me - we had a funeral today and I also have to finish printing & folding the monthly newsletter, in addition to all the printing I have to do for the regular Sunday bulletin, so I'm overwhelmed here.. I need a nap and I need a break from it all!!

No comments: