Well, my work week is almost done! I'm glad for that. It's been slow because the clergy have been out of town all week, which means it's been quiet around here... But I've also enjoyed going places on my lunch hour again! I went to Wal-Mart today and yesterday I went to Taco Bell for lunch! That was fun times for me.
Tonight we were supposed to go to "Game Night" at Church - we put a volleyball net on the Church lawn & people play board games or card games in the fellowship hall - but it got cancelled. It's supposed to rain this evening. I didn't really feel like going anyway.
Tomorrow we don't have any plans really and none for Sunday either! It's a nice feeling to not have anything planned. Monday is Memorial Day so Chris doesn't have to work (YEA!) and we're going to try & go to the parade at 9:30 in the morning downtown, which we think Chloe would enjoy! And Chris' brother Alex, who is in the 6th grade band, is marching in the parade for the first time so that's also why we might go. It's exciting for him. And then that evening we're having a cook-out at Chris' parents. So that's what we have to look forward to...
Next weekend, June 3, we are having Maya baptized at Church! After the service, we have everyone over for brunch. We are in the midst of planning that right now... well, our menu anyway. It's fun having everyone together for a meal but it's also stressful to plan!
In other news... I think Maya could laugh for us any day! Yesterday we turned the ceiling fans on for the first time and she just laid on the couch staring up at it and smiling really big, like it was the most amazing thing she'd ever seen!! hehe. And one day I played peek 'a boo with her and her smile was so big, she just seemed like she was on the brink of laughing, but just didn't know how! It was like she was laughing, but no sound was coming out! hehe. It was so cute.
I just realized I never wrote about Maya's last Dr. appt.! She weighed 12 lbs. 4 oz. (I think it was!) and she got 2 shots - UGH. We thought she'd scream all the way home being the little screamer she is at times, but after a short 'bout of crying right when it happened, she was happy! Yep, she was all smiles as we drove home! Who would've thought?
So this summer is going to be fun because Chloe loves the water! Last year we got her one of those plastic kiddie pools and she waded in the pool once and that was it. She didn't play in it & didn't really like it much! This year, though, she is running through the water as I spray the flowers with the hose! Last night she got soaked (with her clothes on!) as I watered everything. Her hair was drenched and she had so much fun running through the mist! hehe. She was giggling like crazy. It was so cute... So this weekend we may look around to find a fun sprinkler for her to run through.
As for Chris - his business is still doing really well and he even has 2 people working for him at the moment! He is so busy and blessed with work. But along with lots of work comes lots of stress! Trying to balance the work load and find decent help has been rough. His work days seem to be getting longer, too, and then when he's home in the evening, his phone is always ringing with customers calling... which is a constant thing. I just want to turn his phone off in the evenings sometimes! These builders he does work for just call at all hours, even Sat. or Sunday nights - just asking him dumb things that could wait until Monday.
So we still don't have a swing set! UGH. Chris had got a 10% off coupon for Home Depot in the mail and so I said I'm tired of waiting around for this old swing set from his Uncle and it'd be reallly nice to have a new one.. and I think we should just spend the money and build one ourself. So with his connections at Home Depot, he is trying to get us a deal. We'll see. With gas prices at about $3.50/gallon, who wants to drive some big truck or trailer 45 minutes into Michigan to get this massive swing set from his Uncle? Not me! I say we build one.
So, those are all my random thoughts for now... It's almost time to go home! Hope you have a good weekend...
No comments:
Post a Comment