Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Disappointing 'photo shoot'

So our little photo session yesterday was highly disappointing. Talk about first impressions – right when we walked in the door, I was like, “Oh great..” It was a big open room with nasty old brown carpet from the 70s, and the walls and decorations – everything - just looked so outdated. And not to mention it stunk SOOO bad like cigarette smoke. It was just AWFUL. I was upset that my kids were going to have to inhale the smell the whole time we were there. So anyhow, it’s a couple and their college-age daughter and they all seemed to be on drugs. Seriously! The way they talked – really slow and monotone – it was like the couple smoked away all their brain cells in the 70s! haha. Not kidding. The whole place was just really dim-lit and weird. We walked past a room that I guess was the Office and it was just trashed inside, stuff laying everywhere, in the midst of a desk with a computer. So anyhow, we go back to the picture taking area in back and it’s this massive room that is super dark and FULL of junk – lots of props – but very disorganized and messy looking. They start taking pictures of Maya and she’s fussing like crazy and crying and I’m thinking, “Great this is never gonna’ work!” She was in such a bad mood. And I did not want pictures of her with her pacifier in her mouth! So then they call in Chloe to get her picture taken with Maya and it was just not going well – Chloe did okay, she smiled and all – but Maya was just not happy. Then we took Maya’s clothes off and did a few diaper shots and I kept waiting for the part where Chris and I would be included – because that’s part of the ‘special’ we received on the postcard in the mail. It said Mom and Dad would be included… and over the phone, the woman even told me Chris and I should wear dark clothes and stuff and how we’d hold Maya and take some black & white pictures of us each holding her… and that was what I was really excited for! But then after only 20 mins. and a few shots of Maya and Chloe, the guy taking the pictures said, “Okay, we’re done.. We’ll have you come back on Thursday to view them...” I was so mad! It felt like we had just gotten started! Of course, I had planned from the moment I got up how I was going to wear my hair and what shirt I was going to wear… and we had raided the dresser & the closet finding the perfect shirt for Chris… and all for NOTHING. UGH. So I left mad and highly disappointed. At Sears you get to view them right away – so this was quite different for us and annoying. And let me tell you, I am not looking forward to going back there on Friday at 6:15! I don’t want to spend money on these pictures… Unless there are a few that miraculously turn out really good, then I might consider buying a few!

So anyhow, we came home and instead of eating dinner right away we played outside for a long time, trying to take in some good clean air and get “the stink blown off us,” as my Mom always says! It was aggravating coming home all of us smelling like smoke! I told Chris we are truly blessed that no one in our family’s smokes!! That would be awful!

So that’s the update for now… It’s time for lunch so I gotta go now…

No comments: