Well, it’s a beautifully sunny day today, but not really warm out. Still, the sun puts you in a good mood and that’s nice!
Anyway, today I called this portrait place down the street from us because we got a postcard in the mail the other day for a free session with up to 20 poses for our ‘new baby’! And it said Mom and Dad could be included in the pictures, too… So I checked out their website and they had a bible verse at the bottom of their home page, so that inspired me to call the place cuz I figured they were Christians! We have went to Sears to get Chloe’s pictures taken, but it’s always so expensive and the two different times we went, they did the same poses with the same props and it was just sort of boring, and VERY expensive. So today I called this other place, and it’s a local/family owned portrait studio, as opposed to a national chain (like Olan Mills or Sears) and it sounds like it’s going to be just as expensive, probably a hundred & some dollars, which is what we spent on Chloe’s pictures both times, but at least these people are professional and not just some young girls working at Sears! So we have an appt. for Maya’s first photo-shoot (hehe) at 5:00 on Monday. And if we want to have Chloe in some of the pictures, it’s going to be $10 extra, so I said we’d just wait & see on Monday whether Chloe feels like cooperating & wants to be in any of the pictures! I am excited… the lady was talking about what kind of baby pictures they take, and what they’ll do depending on whether Maya is awake or asleep. And she talked about doing ‘diaper shots’ and how they put this pretty little diaper cover over her diaper! hehe. I can’t wait!! I’m sure they will be absolutely adorable! I regret that we didn’t have any baby portraits done of Chloe… we didn’t get her first pictures done at Sears until she was 9 mos. old! And then we did it again for her 1st birthday. I think we’ll probably have ‘sister’ shots done after Chloe’s 2 year birthday. My mom sewed the girls these absolutely cute matching sundresses, which are red plaid with a little yellow sunflower at the bottom! And she also took a onesie of both Maya and Chloe and sewed some of the red plaid fabric around the trim of the sleeves to match!! My Mom is so creative and the dresses turned out so beautiful! Anyhow, I would like to get their pictures taken together in the dresses… and I think August would be a good time to do that, and by then Maya will be holding her head up on her own!
In other news… Chris is going to be doing the MDA Lock-Up on May 31! From what I know, they come and pick you up at work and haul you off to the make-shift “jail,” which is going to be at Texas Roadhouse... and Chris will be in jail for an hour and he has to call people and get them to give money to the MDA to post his bail. At the moment we aren’t sure how they got Chris’ name, someone anonymously “turned him in!” We wonder who… was it you!? But he is excited that he at least gets to eat at Texas Roadhouse! haha.
So tomorrow Chris and the guy that works with him, Dave, are going to re-do our concrete walkway! We’re putting a new path down in back, around the new deck and they’re also going to replace our front walk to the house and the porch at the front door. That’s exciting for us! One more step closer to having this huge project done... and perhaps we can move on to the swing-set next!
Tomorrow night we have a potluck at Church we’re going to… I am going to make a pasta bake – I bought some funky shaped noodles (they’re called “cavatappi” or something like that!) at Meijer last night, and I’m gonna’ throw some spaghetti sauce and hamburger together and throw it in a dish with some melted cheese on top and call it a day! And I might make a chocolate pudding cake tonight, too, to take with us… We’ll see how ambitious I feel and how the girls are behaving! I’m still not sure how I’m gonna’ throw this pasta dish together when I don’t get home until 5:30 and we have to leave for Church by 6! Hopefully my Mom can get the hamburger browned or the noodles cooked while I’m on my way home!
Well, nothing else to write about at the moment.. It’s 4:30 and almost time to go home! Tonight is left-over night so that’s nice – not much to do when I walk in the door but throw the dish in the oven!
Perhaps I’ll write again tomorrow…
No comments:
Post a Comment