

Well, it's a rainy Saturday. As I write this, Chloe is curled up in a little ball in the baby swing! I usually don't let her get in it - because it's for 'babies' and not 'big girls' but right now I'd rather have a non-screaming child, as Maya is sleeping one foot away from the swing and if Chloe were to throw a tantrum it would wake her up! Let's just hope the swing doesn't break! I know 8 month old babies who weigh the same as Chloe currently does, so she's probably okay swinging in it. haha.
Anyway, since we didn't have Game Night to go to last night, we got to go shopping as a family - which I always love! We just went to Home Depot and looked at carpeting. We are going to get new carpet in our family room, living room and hallway. The people who lived here before had pets - a cat and dog - and the whole house just smelled like animals so we got the carpet cleaned when we moved in, but it didn't help much - especially on hot/humid days - the house still smells like dog!! YUCK! So right now Home Depot is having a wonderful sale - only $99 for installation - so we are getting all the rooms done I mentioned, for less than it cost to get our 3 small bedrooms done, which we did last year. It's incredible. So the guy is coming to take final measurements on Tuesday and then we order the carpet. How exciting! But this will mean no more letting Chloe eat snacks at her little table in the family room! Right now it's berber carpet in there, which is easy to clean & doesn't show dirt or spills too bad, but neither Chris or I like berber, so we're getting normal plush/frizzy carpet, but it does have specks in it, which helps hide dirt more.
Anyway, on the way home we stopped and got ice cream - this one little place has a thousand flavors of soft serve because they take regular vanilla and can mix flavors into it... so Chris always gets that - blackberry or something - and they also have hard ice cream - so I got superman which is an old childhood favorite! Chloe enjoyed eating half of both of ours! She is definitely my daughter, as she loves her ice cream! hehe. So that was a fun evening for us. (In case you are wondering -- Yes, I've been able to eat ice cream every so often lately and it doesn't bother Maya!! Perhaps her system has matured and she can tolerate more dairy now? I don't know! Lately I'm still drinking half rice milk and half regular. I like the rice milk better than the soy!)
However, it was a rough night sleeping because our loud neighbors who live behind us (they have a ton of screaming little boys) well, they had some camp-out in their backyard and so we had to listen to screaming children until 11:00 last night (INSANE!) and then the boys woke up at 7:15 this morning and decided to start their normal screaming again. I was highly annoyed - of course it woke Chloe up and she wouldn't go back to sleep. We did have a good breakfast, though... Chris made scrambled eggs with cheese and sausage and toast for us!! SO good! I felt like I got to go out for breaksfast it was so good!
Anyhow, now Chloe has a poopy diaper so I must go!!
Anyway, since we didn't have Game Night to go to last night, we got to go shopping as a family - which I always love! We just went to Home Depot and looked at carpeting. We are going to get new carpet in our family room, living room and hallway. The people who lived here before had pets - a cat and dog - and the whole house just smelled like animals so we got the carpet cleaned when we moved in, but it didn't help much - especially on hot/humid days - the house still smells like dog!! YUCK! So right now Home Depot is having a wonderful sale - only $99 for installation - so we are getting all the rooms done I mentioned, for less than it cost to get our 3 small bedrooms done, which we did last year. It's incredible. So the guy is coming to take final measurements on Tuesday and then we order the carpet. How exciting! But this will mean no more letting Chloe eat snacks at her little table in the family room! Right now it's berber carpet in there, which is easy to clean & doesn't show dirt or spills too bad, but neither Chris or I like berber, so we're getting normal plush/frizzy carpet, but it does have specks in it, which helps hide dirt more.
Anyway, on the way home we stopped and got ice cream - this one little place has a thousand flavors of soft serve because they take regular vanilla and can mix flavors into it... so Chris always gets that - blackberry or something - and they also have hard ice cream - so I got superman which is an old childhood favorite! Chloe enjoyed eating half of both of ours! She is definitely my daughter, as she loves her ice cream! hehe. So that was a fun evening for us. (In case you are wondering -- Yes, I've been able to eat ice cream every so often lately and it doesn't bother Maya!! Perhaps her system has matured and she can tolerate more dairy now? I don't know! Lately I'm still drinking half rice milk and half regular. I like the rice milk better than the soy!)
However, it was a rough night sleeping because our loud neighbors who live behind us (they have a ton of screaming little boys) well, they had some camp-out in their backyard and so we had to listen to screaming children until 11:00 last night (INSANE!) and then the boys woke up at 7:15 this morning and decided to start their normal screaming again. I was highly annoyed - of course it woke Chloe up and she wouldn't go back to sleep. We did have a good breakfast, though... Chris made scrambled eggs with cheese and sausage and toast for us!! SO good! I felt like I got to go out for breaksfast it was so good!
Anyhow, now Chloe has a poopy diaper so I must go!!
No comments:
Post a Comment