Thursday, May 31, 2007

My jail-bird husband



Today is the day Chris went to jail for the MDA Lock-Up. He ended up raising close to $800 which was amazing! (Thank you to those of you who donated to help bail him out!) He was SO nervous about it... but afterward he said he would do it again next year! I'm proud of him for taking time out of his SUPER busy work day to do something good for other people. I've included 2 pictures of him - one is him being picked up at my work and being handcuffed by the 'rent-a-cop' (haha) (it was easier than the cop trying to find him at the job site he was at!) and the other is a polaroid they took of him while behind bars. (It's not a real jail, but actually a makeshift jail created at a different restaurant each year. Yes, Chris got to eat french fries & chicken fingers at Texas Roadhouse while in jail! So no wonder he wants to do it again next year! hehe.) Anyhow, it was fun for us!

So as for our recent thoughts on celiac disease - my Mom is still convinced that nothing is wrong with Chloe and we shouldn't have the biopsy. She said it would seem feasible if Chloe were eating like crazy and just not gaining weight - but the fact is that she barely eats cuz she's so picky. I understood her reasoning - but there's also the point our Dr. made which was - Is Chloe not eating because she's picky, or because this disease is causing her to not have an appetite? Who really knows! My sister said she thinks Chris and I should both get tested for it since it's a genetic thing. I have always had stomach ache problems and such and Chris has as well, so maybe we have it & don't realize it - which is quite common. I have no idea what we should do. I am still leaning toward having the biopsy done so we can quit questioning whether Chloe has it.

Well, I have to get back to work... There's your update for the day!

No comments: