A cute picture from the day we celebrated mine & my Mom's birthdays... (I added the 'spotlight' look to the picture, but don't really like how it turned out.)
Chloe's funny look (it's that "say cheese" smile again - heheh) This was before Church a couple Sundays ago...
A cute Maya - and you can kinda' see a glimpse of her one tooth, or 'fang', on top! :)
Playing in the pool in our backyard...

Chloe's funny look (it's that "say cheese" smile again - heheh) This was before Church a couple Sundays ago...

A cute Maya - and you can kinda' see a glimpse of her one tooth, or 'fang', on top! :)

Playing in the pool in our backyard...
The delicious birthday cake I made.... It was chocolate cake covered with chocolate pudding - little swirls of melted peanut butter & then chopped up reese's p.b. cups! Ohhh - it was wonderful!
So today is Thursday & I'm at work... and I have a fun story to share, first... The clergy are still out of town so I've been doing fun little things on my lunch breaks... And today I saw that the Methodist Church just up the road was having their annual rummage sale... so I thought I'd stop at it, though I've never went before... And, well, I was overwhelmed - they had a massive gym FULL of stuff!! It was crazy! I started by glancing at children's books and found a Noah's Ark story for the girls with the little buttons on the side you push - so the animals make noise! Chloe loves those kinds of books - she sat in the book aisle at Toys 'R Us once just pushing all the buttons on ALL the books - and she doesn't have ANY like it, so that was exciting... Anyway, while I was browsing through them, a random woman walked over to me and started talking to me about this nice dress she had in her hand... and I assumed she was going to ask what size I was, trying to figure out if she should buy it for someone who was a similar size as me, or something... but it turned out she worked at the Church and was just shopping and saw the dress & saw me and thought I might like it! haha! It was so odd... but I was excited, cuz this dress was just beautiful! And then she said I could go try it on if I wanted... so I followed her to the restroom and she proceeded to just talk to me in there like we were old friends (it was so strange! hah!) And then she showed me all the other clothes she was gonna' try on and was asking my opinion and was all giddy about how she had these Liz Claiborne and other fancy clothes she found for only $2! It was hilarious... so I went in the bathroom stall and tried this random pretty dress on and I couldn't believe it - it fit completely perfectly!!! The lady was SO excited she'd found this dress for me and while I was looking in the mirror a bunch of little old ladies came in and other women came in and everyone was amazed I was just trying this dress on - it just looked so perfect! haha. I felt soo special - and like I was on some make-over show! hah! So then I proceeded to shop and the woman went another way and I found two pairs of really pretty earrings for 35 cents and 50 cents and then I went to the woman's clothes and the first dress ont he rack was a really cute blue flowery dress from The Gap - which was a size 6 but was SUPER cute - so I figured I'd just buy it & if it was too small for me, it'd probably fit my super skinny sister! Right then the same woman came up to me again and started jumping for joy that I'd found the blue Gap dress! She said she had found it yesterday when shopping and was going to show it to some random girl who it might fit, but then lost it in the shuffle and thought it'd be perfect for me, too! She was soo excited (I was still thinking how odd this was, yet strangely fun at the same time!) haha. So I kept walkin' around and then she came and threw an Express skirt at me that was really cute... and then a little while later she came and gave me a really cute pink tank top from Old Navy... So by now my arms were full and I was overwhelmed by it all! Finally I lost track of the nice woman and went & 'checked out' with my arms full of deals. I didn't try on any of the other clothes she had given me, but figured they were so cute and so cheap, that someone I knew would be able to fit into them! So, for $7.50 - I got an Express skirt, a cute dress, a Gap dress, an Old Navy tank top, 2 pairs of beautiful earrings, a book for the girls and a cute pair of pants for Chloe! Amazing!! I was SOO blessed!! I think I'll get the camera out when I get home & have a little fashion show for my husband and then share some pics of my new outfits with y'all! :)
So tonight we are going to Max 'n Erma's for dinner - just me and Chris! I have a coupon for free chocolate chip cookies (they're the best - warm out of the oven after your meal!) and it's also MDA night so 20% of our meal will go towards the Muscular Dystrophy Association. YEA for date nights & good deals!
Speaking of the MDA, Chris is going to jail again this year for the MDA. However he hasn't done a good job at asking people for bail money so I doubt he's going to raise much for them this year. He's just too busy and so am I... last year I sent out the bulk e-mail to our family & friends asking for donations but I just haven't had time to do it.
In other news... There's not much else going on... I'm incredibly glad that the warm trend is finally ending here... this weekend it is 'spose to be in the high 70s which sounds SO nice. We got an atrocious electric bill the other day - which reflects all the awful 90 degree weather we've had the past month! So it will be nice to not run the central air constantly for the next week!
Well, I guess I should get back to work... I hope to share some more pictures soon! Take care...
1 comment:
Kimmy, if you tell Chloe to say the word "monkey" instead of cheese she'll smile differently for her pictures:)
Post a Comment