Thursday, August 28, 2008

Wow, finally I'm updating...

What a face! And look at those silly teeth! She was mad about something..
In a happier time, sitting on the basement steps... And mischievous Maya climbing up the stairs...
My new decorating theme in my living room with black & white pics. from vacation...

So it's Thursday night already, almost time for another weekend... Last weekend was long - the garage sale was alright on Saturday - but it was hot out, my allergies were out of control and it made for a long day. We only made like $13 which would not have made it worth our time if we'd done a sale all by ourselves... but since we combined all our stuff with Jenna & Keith's and some of their families, as well as my friend Erin's stuff - we ended up with a driveway full of things to sell. They all made some good money - but they also had some major things for sale, whereas we just had little things that we simply wanted to get rid of, so I priced them super cheap, hence us not making any money!

Anyway, I can't remember much else of what's been happening - I've been having lots of back pain and shoulder pain, which is completely the result of stress and not getting good sleep, so I guess that sums up my life in a nutshell lately!

On Tuesday I packed up the girls & we went to my Mom's house and had fun going to her library which has a most awesome kid's section with so many things to play with and it doesn't even matter how noisy the kids are... If that library were close to my house, I think I'd take the girls there multiple times a week! Anyway, then we went to Hobby Lobby - a store I love because it's all crafty stuff - and I got a few cute things to hang on the wall, as well as some nice & cheap scrapbooking paper for making homemade bridal shower invitations for my cousin's shower I'm helping plan in November. Yeah, I'm a little ahead of myself, but I know how time flies and since I'm making them homemade, it's a project I'd like to do gradually instead of all at the last minute. After that shopping experience, my Mom and I took the girls to the Pizza Hut lunch buffet. It was our first time doing that and we decided there's something to be said about buffet's and kids... Yes, it's definitely good to go out to eat and be able to immediately eat when you arrive rather than test the kids' patience by waiting for food that is ordered. So that was a fun treat for my Mom and I and we stuffed ourselves with plenty of cinnamon breadsticks and dessert pizza. :)

So in other news, I was informed this week at work that Gail, the woman who is the Secretary on Mon. & Tues. in my place, is going to take a 6 month leave to help with her Mom's business - but the good news is that the woman who took my place during maternity leave, Mary, is able to come work on Monday & Tuesdays in her place! I was worried about my job when I heard this at first, until I heard that Mary was able to work for her. She is a hard worker and really nice & we get along well so hopefully it will all work okay. In the back of my mind, here's what I'm thinking... After the 6 mos. is up, I doubt Gail will return and I don't know if Mary will want this job permanently, so I'm almost hoping & planning that by then Chris will have the faith to hire me as his Secretary and then the Church can just hire a full-time Secretary in my place. Who knows, though..

So our plans for the coming weekend include a huge Church picnic/potluck which Erin and I are in charge of on Sunday... and we're planning for about 150 people (more than we expected for a holiday weekend!) so I'm sorta' nervous about it and since I'm half in charge, I have to be at Church at 7:45 a.m. on Sunday (yeah right!) and I don't know how it's going to work with Chris & the girls...

On Monday, we plan to go to a nearby county fair which is in the country and has plenty of animals for the girls to see... and this year I think Chloe will get to ride the kiddy rides for the first time - I'm sure she'll love it! I'm not sure if Maya is old enough to, or not... I would think so since she's about the same size as Chloe! But I can see her trying to escape from her seat mid-way through the merry-go-round or something! Anyway, I'm just glad Chris has a day off and we can have some family time - it doesn't come often these days.

Well, I am tired and need to get ready for bed... I guess I'll end it here...

No comments: