So here's an update on what's been going on with us the past few days...
On Wednesday I didn't have to work but wanted to do something to get out of the house w/the girls... so we went to Michael's and got some supplies to do a fun craft project for someone special (this person hasn't received their 'gift' yet so I can't say much more!) but it was a fun time and then we went to Kroger to buy some milk... and then it was almost lunch time and I spontaneously drove to Little Caesar's and got a $5 cheese pizza hot out of the oven, even - and so all in in all, it was a fun morning! I love having days like that - where I accomplish alot and it's fun - and I feel good about myself for doing it all just me and the girls... with no major meltdowns. :)
On Friday I had the day off again... and Erin came over & we went to some Garage Sales with the girls. We didn't find much, but it was still fun - but very hot! We passed a couple playgrounds which made Chloe very whiny about stopping at one, so to make her & Maya happy, we went to the one near our house... which is usually empty of children - which is nice, to have it all to yourself. They ran off alot of steam and had fun - and we all got covered in sweat and then we came home & had lunch... In the afternoon we ran through the sprinkler, which they always love... and then when Chris got home, we had to load everyone in the van and go to Sears, where he had a 6:00 eye appt. It's right next to the portrait studio, where 2 women were just sitting with nothing to do... I pondered the idea of going and buying Chloe a cute little dress onsale and spontaneously getting some 3 year pics. taken of her... to match the one of Maya standing next to the number '1'.... and I probably should've done it... but I didn't. :( The ladies in the portrait studio turned on a Blues Clues video in the waiting area so we watched that & played in there while waiting for Chris to get done getting his eyes checked & contacts ordered! Later on we walked around a bit in Sears and wouldn't you know it, I found the most adorable dress ever - short sleeve & black, with bright colored little polka dots on it - for only $12.99 and I SOOO wish I would've got Chloe's pictures taken in it! Oh well... no matter how hard I try, I probably would've spent WAY too much money and I already have a house full of pictures from our last 'photo shoot' which are not even hung on the walls yet..! So by the time our Sears adventure was over, we were VERY hungry for dinner, and for something different & fun, we drove up to the mall closeby and ate in the Food Court. The girls and I had Chick-Fil-A which I am never too impressed with (shoot) and Chris had Magic Wok which he never gets, so he loved it. We didn't have the stroller with us, so we pretty much just ate and went home... which was fine since it was 7:30 by the time we finished eating!
On Saturday Chris had to work in the morning... and I hate sitting home with the girls on the weekend with nothing to do, so I called my sister and we went shopping (yes, my favorite past-time!) We went to a store called "Tuesday Morning" which has close-out items for cheap... I got some cute things to hang on Chloe's wall - when I finally re-decorate in there. Then we went to "Once Upon a Child" - my favorite kids consignment store and I got Chloe 2 long-sleeve shirts for this Winter and 2 pairs of shorts that were marked down to like, 80 cents, for next Summer. I also got Chloe a toy for being good - a xylophone for $4.00! It's very noisy, yes, but she completely loves it. Chris thinks I'm insane for buying it... oh well, though.. you gotta' have some toys that are annoying. :) So on the way home from shopping, we met up with Chris for lunch which was nice... (It always makes me mad when we don't get to see him half the day on Saturday - he works WAY too much as it is!!) So it was nice to have lunch with him - we met at Wendy's - because Chloe is constantly asking for a Frosty. (Yep, she surely has my genes!) You know what I just realized... it all makes sense, because when I was pregnant with her - I craved Frosty's like crazy - so it's only natural for her to love them now! :)
Anyway, the rest of Saturday was uneventful - we didn't know what to do for dinner... Chloe said she wanted to have a picnic, so I just went with the idea and made everyone peanut butter & jelly sandwiches and threw some things together and off we went to the park... Chloe is used to always going to this park with our friends from Church and their kids so she was disappointed when there weren't any kids there for her to play with... so we walked down to the river instead... and it was strange cuz it was pretty much dried up except in some spots, so we actually got to walk across the river across stones - and that was a little nerve-wracking for me (it was my daredevil husband's idea!) ...I was afraid I'd fall in part of the river while stepping on a rock that was uneven, all while holding Maya of course! Now mind you my foot would've only gotten covered by a few inches of water - but it was real brown & muddy/dirty water so I did NOT want to step in it on accident! haha. Anyhow - then we had fun for a while skipping stones - Chris tossing 5 lb. stones in the water and making it splash real big - and the girls and I tossing little stones in ... It was really fun since we don't do things like this as a family very often!
So that is pretty much the story of our last few days... Today is Sunday and we're going to Jenna & Keith's (and Jackson's!) for dinner.. they invited us over, for no other reason than that we ripped out their bushes I'm sure. hehe. We ended up running into them at Meijer this morning - all of us grocery shopping - so that was fun for the kids... Oh, and on a side note - Jenna & Keith told us last night that they are expecting! I am SOOO very excited!!! She will probably be due the end of March, a few weeks after Jackson's 3rd b-day!
Anyway, I have to get back to watching the kids now...
No comments:
Post a Comment