So I’m going to attempt to sum up everything we’ve done in the past week & a half - HAH! So perhaps not everything but quite a bit. :)
Last Monday my Mom offered to keep Chloe overnight to give us a little break - how fun! So I drove the girls down to her house and we went to the park nearby which we’ve never been to before, so the girls loved it - and then we met up with Grandpa John at him & my Mom’s favorite Chinese/American buffet for lunch. Thankfully it was not that busy on a Monday at lunch time so it wasn’t too big of a deal that the girls just wanted to climb all over the booth while we ate! It was great, the choices of food to feed the girls and the fact that they’re little enough that they ate for free…. what a treat for us all! After that we dropped Chloe off back at Grandma’s and then Maya and I went home! I always welcome a break from one child, but at the same time I feel really sad that I won’t see my child for almost 24 hours! It’s a reminder to me that though parenting is stressful much of the time, I do love my children so much that I miss them a lot when they are gone! hehe. So that night I told Chris it’d be the ideal time to begin to paint Chloe’s room since it would have plenty of time to dry and she wouldn’t have to sleep in there with the strong paint smell… So while Maya and I played outside Chris painted half the walls a pretty sage color… The bottom is going to be this color and the top half of the walls will be a pink that goes really nicely with the green… and in the middle of the 2 we’ll put up a wallpaper border with those colors in it - I took a picture of the paint chips and border so I could post it on here, but I haven’t gotten around to it yet! Anyway, I LOVE the way the green turned out - it is so soothing and calming - unlike the bright yellow which the walls were. For some reason I got so hooked on the yellow that Chloe’s bedroom and our bedroom are the same color, and 2 of Maya’s walls are also this same yellow! Now I am glad that finally one room is going to have its own theme and no longer will all the bedrooms look the same - yellow!
Last Friday we went to the Summer Fair in our little city and we enjoyed eating from several different restaurants which are set up on the streets under tents.. We weren’t planning on going, but Jenna, Keith and Jackson were going so that convinced us to go… They had silly little games and blow-up things to play on for the kids, all at the cost of some 25 cent tickets… Chloe loved the big ‘moonwalk’ thing which you take your shoes off and jump around in… Though the silly thing kept collapsing when the bigger kids would jump in it, which would create quite a scare and all the kids would have to jump out for a bit in order for it to re-inflate! But despite that, she loved it. :) Jackson refused to go in it, even with Chloe… he is younger than her, though, so maybe he’s just not ready for that sorta’ thing yet. They had this big blow-up slide you could climb up and then slide down which seemed to me was meant for ‘big kids’ but Chloe & Jackson could go down with the help of a parent, which believe me, was quite a sight to behold… haha… Luckily we ran into Chris’ parents & Alex who were walking around there and both Chloe & Maya took a turn riding down this slide sitting on Uncle Alex’s lap! Maya didn’t like it - it was a little too bumpy of a ride for her - but Chloe wanted to do it again & again and so did Jackson! We then got ice cream and Chloe and Jackson had 20 cent ice cream cones the size of the palm of your hand - incredibly cute, but messy! It was Chloe’s first ice cream cone - we had to keep reminding her to lick all the way around it as it was dripping everywhere! By then it was definitely close to bed time and I’m SO glad we decided to go - it was lots of fun and we had fun bonding even more with our nice neighbors.
On Saturday morning, the Summer Fair continued and I was supposed to work from 11 - noon at our Church’s booth which had a free kid’s craft area… but there was also a parade beforehand which we’d never been to before… and well, it turned out Jackson, Jenna & Keith were going to the parade at 10:00… So we managed to get the girls ready in time & off we went to the parade with them, cuz we just can’t spend enough time with our neighbors apparently! haha. It was lots of fun and the parade was REALLY long and the kids got TONS of candy (oh great!) and again, I was so glad we went! It turned out being a long morning/afternoon with all the walking we did and eating and making crafts and you name it… and we all needed some good naps afterward! It was so much fun, though.
So Keith and Chris have become great friends lately and hang out all the time… and around 9:00 Saturday night, they went back to the Summer Fair for the “Lot Party” where a band plays and people pay to get in and listen to the band & drink beer and stuff. Keith is the nicest guy ever and very mature & responsible (he’s 6 years older than us!) so I was completely okay with Chris going with him to this thing. And it makes Chris feel better about life just having a friend. He usually has no one to hang out with really so this has been a real blessing lately to have Keith around. There’s been many late evenings where they just sit outside in one another’s driveway talking & hanging out. I am happy for him - he really needs a friend! Their latest thing is to have water balloon fights every night. :) The kids absolutely love water balloons and Jenna will spend Jackson’s naptime filling up a big tub of them to use later on after dinner… and now Chris & Keith have gotten serious about having water balloon fights so last night it was me, Jenna and the kids all sitting on their front stoop watching Keith & Chris act like 12 year olds while racing around the house and down the middle of the street nailing each other with balloons. hah! Chloe was even yelling "Go Daddy! Go Daddy!" :) Life is great. (Now you see why my house never gets cleaned!)
Anyhow, in other news… we have an Ice Cream Social for Chloe’s pre-school on Friday night where we’ll get to meet the teachers & other kids & parents which I’m looking forward to! They even sent us special name tags we need to wear to it that are yellow since Chloe is in the yellow room! Her first day of school is the Tuesday after Labor Day… coming quickly! She is growing by leaps & bounds all the time - everyday I hear knew words out of her mouth and she can even count to 10 now!! Just outta’ nowhere we’re driving in the van and out comes 1 through 10! Chris and I were amazed! She sometimes gets stuck at 8 and says “8… 5” instead of “ 8...9..10” but oh well! Yesterday she said “Jackson” for the first time instead of “Ackin.” She’s very excited she can say it! We’re still working on “s” with her. Yesterday we saw a school bus while driving and she said “Bus!” and surprised herself even! She said “Mommy! I said bus! I said bus!” haha. It was adorable.
Well, I am tired of typing so I think I’ll end my update here… hopefully it won't be such a long time before I have time to update again!
No comments:
Post a Comment