Friday, August 10, 2007

Friday thoughts...

Well I've been racing around trying to get things done here at work all afternoon - It is weird to only work 2 days... I almost felt behind come this afternoon! I'm almost all caught up now...

So I have to share a Chloe story... Chloe doesn't say too many words, so everytime I put her to bed and she hugs & kisses me, I tell her "I love you" and then I say to her "Say La La" which would mean "love you" back to me, in her language.. and she always says "La la!" Now today, as I was leaving for work, I said "I love you! Bye!" and she said back to me "Bye! La la!" And I about flipped out!!! She has NEVER said it on her own before (without my prompting her)! So that made me feel REALLY good... hehe.. She loves me! It was cute...

Anyhow - I spoke to the nurse at the Doctor's office today who went over all the details for Chloe's biopsy next Tuesday. We have to arrive at the hospital at 7 a.m. and Chloe cannot eat or drink or anything after midnight... and she must be freshly bathed (they said the night before was okay, so that's good!) They said if she has a favorite blanket or stuffed animal, we should bring it... (I guess Molly will be joining us!) And they said that during the procedure we have to wait in the waiting room and can't be in the room with her! Chris and I don't like that idea... Chris even said, "We'll talk to them about it when we get there... We should be able to stay in there." And I don't think they'll let us, if that's their normal procedure - and it's not like she will be awake anyway & will need us to comfort her - but it will still be hard to just leave her in there! As soon as it's done, they will take her to the recovery room where we will join her, and then we can stay with her the rest of the time as she wakes up and her vitals are monitored or what-not for however many hours. Some people get nauseated and feel gross after having anesthetic, so I'm nervous for this - especially since Chloe cannot really tell us how she's feeling! UGH. I definitely don't need throw up involved in this picture! Soo.. NOT looking forward to Tuesday!

Other than that, nothing else going on... Hopefully we will have some good time together as a family this weekend - Chris already said he has to work for a while on Saturday, though, so that isn't promising. I just love spending time with my husband & my children - it's so fun to watch everyone interact with each other.. especially Chloe & Maya! I think they're gonna' have so much fun together, as Maya gets old enough to play with Chloe - she is just going to LOVE having a playmate! Already she wants Maya to chase her around the house and she wants Maya to stand next to her & she will hold Maya's hand and want to walk with her - she doesn't grasp that Maya is too little to walk yet! This morning Chloe was dancing around the living room and she wanted Maya to dance, too! My Mom would hold Maya on her feet and bounce her up & down, pretending to make her dance and Chloe just LOVED it.. and so did Maya - she loves watching Chloe jump around the room anyway & they were doing it together, which made them both smile & giggle! They were both so happy & silly. It was adorable. And it's moments like that I am reminded how incredibly blessed I am... Every day is full of new experiences and it's fun to watch them grow!

Well, I need to get back to work before it's time to go! Hope your weekend is marvelous!!

No comments: