Sunday, August 5, 2007

Saturday stories & pictures

Our big girl! Our big girl eating cereal for the 1st time!

Yep, she finally got the hang of it and kept opening her mouth for more!

And of course big sister had to get in on the action!

Chloe and Jackson, her friend from across the street...

It's Sunday afternoon and everyone is napping - except me. I decided if I could make it through yesterday with no nap (which was an exhausting & long day!) then I could do it today. So I'm trying to catch up on some much needed house work while all is quiet here - like moving clothes out of Maya's drawers which don't fit anymore and moving the next size in.. things like that. And now I'm taking a break to write here!

We made $20 at the garage sale yesterday. It was a hot, sunny & sticky day and I forgot to put sunscreen on anyone so therefore I have a surnburn on my shoulders, neck & back and Chloe has some red splotches on her arms and face. I'm such a bad Mom! I've loaded Chloe and I up with aloe vera gel which makes it feel better & heal faster. Anyway - since we were all sitting around outside yesterday afternoon doing nothing but watch people come & go, we decided to try & feed Maya rice cereal after her nap for the FIRST time ever! So that's why the pictures I've posted of her eating are taken in the garage! haha. Chloe had to help - it was cute, but messy! Anyway, Maya liked it and kept opening her mouth like a little baby bird wanting more! I'm afraid feeding her cereal once a day now will make her even chunkier, though! And she doesn't need to be putting the pounds on! hehe. So besides that, Chloe had fun playing outside ALL day yesterday and playing with the little boy aross the street who is 17 mos. old. He is the one we call her 'boyfriend' ...hehe.. That's who the picture is of with her in the wagon...

Anyway, we enjoyed going out for ice cream and spending some of our earnings last night - and then going to bed early since it was SUCH a long day!

Nothing else too exciting planned for today & tomorrow. Tuesday is the day my dentist appt. was rescheduled for. So if all goes as planned, I will get my 2 wisdom teeth taken out at 2:30 on Tuesday! I am then taking a 'sick day' on Wednesday so I can stay home & recover, if need be. My Mom is still going to come up, though, to help watch the girls.

Well, back to my housework... Hope your weekend went well!!

No comments: