I am famous!! This is so funny! You can click below & see ME in a music video!! NO JOKE! (You may want to read the story below first, to understand what I'm talking about.)
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.channel&ChannelID=104558440
There was a nice Christian ska band that formed amongst some students in my Christian college days... (better known as "The Smoothies") and they came out with a CD, and then made a few music videos - and one of these videos was shot primarily in our girls' dorm laundry room (I have no idea how that came about!) - annyway, you can see ME for a mere 1/2 second in the video! haha.. You will have to be on the look-out cuz it's pretty quick, but Nate, the lead singer, is sitting on the dryer singing, and I'm wearing a blue & white shirt and I have short curly hair (yes, back in the day, I looked quite different!) and I'm putting clothes in the dryer... and then a few seconds later they show me again, this time walking out of the laundry room!!! HAH!! I know, I'm a dork! But I remember thinking I was SOO cool because I was in their video!! haha... So, enjoy watching that if you wish... And p.s. the words to the song are good too, and slightly humorous at the same time! Basically it speaks to all those people out there who like to drink, and drink alot - and tells them that "when the bottle's empty - Jesus is still there..." So, it's a good message... go have a listen!
On another note.... I must share with you a story about my 'terrific' 2 year old.. (I'm saying terrific sarcastically, as you all know the 'T' word that normally describes this stage in a child's life!) Anyway, everyone knows when a child turns 2, their favorite word suddenly becomes "No." But somewhere along the line, Chloe learned the phrase "No way." So now instead of simply saying "No" to practically everything, she is saying "No way!" It was quite funny when we heard it come out of her mouth the first time... But now it is ALL we hear! "Chloe do you love Mommy?" "No way!" "Do you want to eat supper now?" "No way!" You get the point. What a fun-filled time it is at our house lately!
In other news... beginning this weekend, our weekend's are going to be pretty hectic for the next month! This Saturday we have a big event at Church called the "Road Rally" which is a super fun scavenger hunt in cars, which my friend Erin and I are kinda' the head people for... so we have been busy planning, organizing and preparing and Saturday is the big day... And it turns out Chris has to go take his 10 hour class to renew his electrician's license that day, which makes life a bit stressful for me! So I have lined up babysitters for the girls in the afternoon & evening so I can do my part with this Church event... and hopefully Chris will be able to meet up with us at the end of the scavenger hunt, for dinner, when his class ends. It will surely make for a long day for both him & I, especially since his class starts at like 7 a.m. and it will take him 45 minutes to get there!
So that is this weekend... and next weekend is the 1st of September already - which is Joe & Merin's wedding! (Joe is Chris' brother for those of you who may have forgotten!) So that will be a VERY long day - but a wonderful day - and we are looking forward to it! Let's hope my dress is altered & ready to go by then - I haven't heard from the lady yet! Oh boy.. And before then I have to buy some little barrette's for Chloe's hair and glue some little roses on them so her hair looks half-way fancy. haha. When I'll have time to do this I'm not sure, but I will probably run to Wal-mart and hopefully find the things I need!
So then, the weekend after that, is September 8th and my friend Emily from college, is getting married up in Michigan! They're getting married on the beach at 6 in the evening, so we got a hotel room for Saturday night and will come back home on Sunday. This will be our FIRST big trip (2 and 1/2 hours in the car!) as a family of 4!! I'm not sure if I"m excited or nervous, maybe both!
So that's the update on us for now... I really should get back to work now!
No comments:
Post a Comment