Thursday, August 9, 2007

It's Thursday already..

Cute pictures of Maya taken yesterday...
When you lay her on the floor on her back, she rolls over within seconds usually, but she doesn't stay happy on her tummy for very long. She seems to get tired quickly of holding her little head up!
My Mom put Chloe's birthday princess crown on Maya -
how adorable!


Well, I’m feeling a little confused on what day it is, since I missed work yesterday. It’s nice to think I only work today & tomorrow and it’s the weekend already! Anyway, my mouth is feeling much better. The one side (where the tooth came out easily) is not sore at all and not bleeding anymore. The other side, though, is still bleeding somewhat and it looks awful and it hurts, so I’m still taking ibuprofen every so often.

Well - it’s been like 95 degrees for the past week straight so we haven’t got to enjoy playing outside at all. In fact, we haven’t been out since last Saturday! And every other day it rains, too. Today is one of those days - very dark & gloomy out.

This weekend is the “Rib Off” which Chris and I went to last year. It’s expensive, though, you have to pay like $5 a person to get in and then the ribs are expensive as well as everything else to eat. If you ask me, I’d rather go out to a nice restaurant & eat steak!! I don’t even like ribs! But Chris is thrilled about going - and we hear it’s free on Sunday so maybe that’s what we’ll do. We may get his parent’s to watch the girls on Saturday night anyway, and go out for dinner the 2 of us. I feel like we haven’t had a ‘date night’ in forever and we are in great need of one! And we never got to go out for my birthday even, which I’m a little bitter about… (missed my opportunity for a free dessert somewhere! ugh!) So hopefully it will work out that we can have a dinner date this weekend!

In other news - the day for Chloe’s biopsy is finally here - we'll be heading to the hospital at 6:45 a.m. next Tuesday. We’re supposed to be there by 7 and the procedure is scheduled for 8:30. I’m very nervous. I’m afraid that I’m going to cry at the sight of my daughter being hooked up to various things and being put to sleep! I feel bad that she has to go through this. And it’s like I almost hope she does have something wrong, so I don’t feel like we put her through it all for nothing - but of course at the same time I also hope that she is perfectly fine, so we don’t have to go through changing everyone’s diet completely for the rest of our lives! So, the plan is that my Mom is going to come up and go with us to the hospital and we’ll just take Maya along, too. This would be easiest since I’m still nursing Maya 80% of the time. Chris said something about his parents coming, too.. And he was saying how he wants them to come & bring him breakfast or something since we have to get up so early, and I told him that was ridiculous! The procedure itself only takes 15 minutes and it’s NOT that big of a deal - we don’t need 10 people there! So, we’ll see what happens… They say we’ll probably be at the hospital close to 5 hours, just because Chloe is being put to sleep and they have to monitor her vitals afterward, as she comes out of it.

Well, I guess I should go find some work to do…

No comments: