Tuesday, August 28, 2007

An update on life

Cutie girl Maya!
Here is Chloe - with a funny face and cute pigtails! She was singing "Head, shoulders, knees and toes..." yesterday when I took this.

Maya looking cute wearing a barrette in her hair!


It’s Tuesday already – I can’t believe it… The weekend went well – our church event was fun but we did it a little different this year, making the scavenger hunt clues easier and instead of taking everyone close to 2 hours – most people finished in only a half hour! That was a major “wups!” on our part. It kinda’ screwed up our dinner plans at the end, but it all turned out okay – the nice pizza place delivered our 20 pizza’s 45 minutes early. Some people even kind of complained about how short it was. But now we know how to make it work better next year!

Last night I went to the spa and had a one hour pedicure. I do this once a year usually since Chris gets me a gift certificate for the spa every Christmas. I thought I’d go this week so I’d have pretty toes for both the weddings coming up! It was fun – though I always feel guilty leaving the kids home with Chris for any period of time. He never really wants to spend more than an hour home alone with them. Last night after my nails were done, the lady said “Now you can go back to the ‘serenity room’ and relax and let your nails dry if you’d like…” And of course I said no, and she said “You’re feeling guilty, aren’t you?” And I said yep, and that I had to get home. And I felt so bad that I even stopped at Wendy’s on the way home to buy Chris a frosty. Of course I get home and the house is a mess – opened containers of food all over the counters and just what you expect when you leave your husband at home in charge of the kids. He gets overwhelmed, or something, being alone with them for a while… and we had a ‘talk’ about how I am home with them for 8 hours during the day and I also do other things besides take care of them, like cook, clean & do laundry and how does he think I manage it? And he said “Yeah, but you’re the Mom.” Nice response, eh? I just wish all the chores & being the primary caregiver of the children were not simply ‘expected’ of me since I’m a mother & wife. I wish he would realize how doing all these things aren’t exactly a ‘walk in the park’ for me each day simply because I hold the title of “Mom” and “wife.” Oh well, though, that’s life and it will always be that way. I do find joy most of the time in doing these things, but I wish my husband didn’t just expect it of me, and appreciated it more – at least say something aloud to me and seem grateful, you know? He’s a wonderful husband – but I’m sure every wife & mother feels this way at some point!

Anyway… this evening we are going to the mall to pick up Chris’ tuxedo and then go the lady’s house and pick up my altered bridesmaid dress. It’s going to be a family outing – so let’s hope everyone does well during this long excursion!

I better get back – time to do some chores while Chloe’s content and Maya is taking her morning nap!

1 comment:

merin1011 said...

What ADORABLE new pictures!!! You should have taken advantage of the 'serenity room', but I understand feeling guilty too. Looking forward to Saturday!! :)