Saturday, July 26, 2008

The blessings continue...

I finally found the time to load all the pictures onto my computer since the start of July! So here are some pictures from the 4th of July and a few others.. Maya at Aunt Sandy's house.. she wanted to stick her hand a little too close to the chiminea (spelling?) and that's the reason for her stern face, as someone must've told her "No.." :)
Chloe getting ready to throw a water balloon!
My sister, me and the girls and my Dad...
Enjoying swimming in our little pool in our backyard one day... and eating popsicles! This was the first time Maya actually ate a whole popsicle, even holding it herself! Good thing the pool could help wash off the sticky mess! hehe.

So, I last wrote on Thursday.. so I'll begin my update with that day... We went to my in-laws for a birthday dinner - which was great - and I even got exactly what I wanted for my birthday - I told Chris' Mom I wanted a new blanket to throw over the back of my couch and that's what I got - a pretty new one - and she also gave me some adorable black & white pics of the girls they had printed from our vacation - including 3 cute ones of Maya in a beautiful black frame - to match all my new black frames I bought to hang in my living room! It's soooo cute and now I just have to buy another one so I can put 3 pics of Chloe in that one! I was so excited - what a fun present...



On Friday at work we ordered pizza for lunch to celebrate my b-day - it was fun and I even got another cute black picture frame from my friend Brenda - it completely matches my other black frames - what a blessed girl I am! haha.



Friday night I didn't have to cook because Chris brought dinner home - another blessing! And then we spent most of our evening outside, playing at Jackson's house... it's always fun hanging out with them... in fact, speaking of our neighbors, I forgot to mention that we had them over for dinner on Tuesday night! They'd never been to our house really before, which is odd (we're always at their house since they have soo many fun toys! haha) so that was tons of fun!



Anyway, today, Saturday, we were planning on going to my mom & step-Dad's house in the morning, like I wrote before, but my sister ended up coming down with something which she had see her Dr. for and get some medicine, so we postponed our little birthday 'party' until tomorrow. I was quite bummed about this - I'd made my chocolate pudding cake already and was worried it wouldn't be in good shape by tomorrow - but what can you do? Let's hope it still tastes just as good on Sunday! :) So we weren't sure what to do with ourselves since our plans were all changed, so we just loaded the girls in the van and went shopping - Chris had to return some work supplies to Menard's - we then went to Kohl's, looking for sandals, and then Shoe Carnival... both places we walked out with nothing, and then to Old Navy, just for something different. Chris got 2 new t-shirts and I bought the girls some adorable matching tank tops for next summer for only $3.49 each. :) That was fun... THEN we splurged & went to Bob Evans for lunch!! The girls weren't too bad, but not as good as last time we ate there, since it was getting really close to naptime..still, it was fun... and Chloe had LOTS of french toast and Maya ate some of my pancake again... and then we came home & napped.... After naptime, it was SO warm out we did water balloons - just the 4 of us - yes, a family event it was :) And then we were all sweating, so I put the girls suits on and turned on the sprinkler. They were soaked and they loved it. After that, it was time to take the girls to Chris' parents (he had asked them to watch 'em so we could have a birthday dinner date! I felt so special!) We went to a new outside mall nearby and a new restaurant and it was fun! Expensive, but fun! It almost felt like we were dating again - we even sat on the same side of the booth together! We probably looked so in love... haha.. It felt like it did before we had kids! What a wonderful birthday present for me.

Anyway, after eating dinner, per Chris' Mom's advice, we stopped at JCPenney cuz she said they had LOTS of kids clothes for only $1.97 and sure enough - we had a fun time buying them! I got lots of shorts, capris, t-shirts, tank tops, you name it - for only $1.97 a piece! If you have kids, definitely take a trip there soon!! I bought all the clothes in sizes that'll hopefully fit them next summer...


So anyhow, I think that's the update for now... It's time for bed for me!

No comments: