It's Friday at 4:30 and I'm ready to go home... It's been a long day at work...
Yesterday Chris told me he wasn't feeling well most of the day - so he didn't eat much - and of course in my opinion, he hasn't been drinking enough - with temperatures in the 90s lately - so I think that means he is suffering from heat exhaustion of some sort. He had cramping and was nauseated and reallly tired... but despite it all, we went out to dinner last night. He didn't seem that bad to me, especially if he was willing to go out to eat. We got a free kids' meal at Bob Evans postcard in the mail for Chloe's birthday - so that is what inspired us to go out & not cook at home. :) The girls were pretty good - so that was nice. The trick lately is to get a booth - so then Maya is not confined to a highchair - and we don't even get her a booster seat either, just let her climb around inside the booth which keeps her happier longer! Chloe was perfectly content coloring her menu and sitting in her booster seat next to Daddy. Since it was just the 4 of us, our meals came really quick and Chloe had french toast (we'd ordered her pancakes, but somehow that order got 'lost in translation' I guess - but thankfully she liked & ate much of the french toast!) I had a sausage, egg 'n cheese biscuit and 1 pancake - and Maya enjoyed eating some of that. Chris had pulled pork. (Can you tell I'm hungry right now, sharing with you our exact dinner menu from last night?) haha. Anyway, our bill only came to $15 (wow!) so I didn't even bother using Chloe's free meal coupon (it doesn't expire!) so we'll save it for next time when perhaps our bill is a little more expensive! I know, I'm silly.
Anyway, I then realized just how awful Chris was feeling (from the heat exhaustion or whatever) cuz when we got home, he went in the bedroom, fell on top of the bed & fell right asleep... ALL evening long. The girls were dying to play outside cuz they'd been cooped up all day since it was sooo hot... So I took them out as I watered my flowers & stuff, and we played in the backyard for a bit, but even at 7:30 it was STILL unbearably warm out! I was longing to go back inside, but the heat just didn't bother them it seemed - UGH! So I convinced them to take a walk down to my Grandma's and we went inside there & they played for a LONG time and that was probably nice for Chris - to have good, quiet uninterruped sleep at home! I wish I could get that sometime!
Soo.. today I've been researching heat cramps, heat exhaustion, heat stroke, you name it... all day... He tried calling the Dr. but to no avail, so I did internet research and am convinced he is just suffering from over-working himself in the heat... Though this afternoon he did say he drank about 3 gatorades, so that is good... but he is still nauseated - and according to my research, besides drinking lots of water/fluids, he is supposed to rest and get inside somewhere cool... But of course, no matter how many times I tell him he needs to "call it a day" and go home & do these 2 things, he keeps working! Why are guys so stubborn? :)
Needless to say, Chris' "ailment" isn't ideal for all the projects we're trying to finish before Chloe's party. Some things just aren't going to get done... and we'll have to say "oh well" I guess. And now the forecast is calling for rain, so we may have a house full on Sunday - and I really would prefer to set up a tent & tables in the backyard, but I guess we'll have to wait & see what happens... the chance of rain is low and it says it'll be scattered so we could be okay! But they're calling for rain Saturday night, too, so I don't know what that'll mean for the other party up in Michigan.
Well, I guess I should end my update here.. Please pray that Chris would start to feel better.. Hope you have a good weekend...
No comments:
Post a Comment