Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Friday already

I continue to share some of my 300 vacation photos with you... Here's the whole family stopping for a break during our first bike ride.. Of course, I'm taking the picture!


And here is the cutest picture ever... It's our little neighborhood gang! We can't believe they all sat still long enough for me to take this picture, and that they're all looking in the same direction! haha. So, from left: Gwen, Jackson, William, Chloe and Maya.. what a group.. we are so blessed to have all these kids so close in age live right next to each other! (And they love it, too!)
Everyone loves playing on Jackson's swingset! This is Chloe, and Jackson being silly...


So here are some stories of this week's happenings...
On Tuesday night, Chris installed some more tiles on our bathroom floor while the girls & I played at Jackson's house, of course eating popsicles & running around barefoot, making us sticky, dirty & sweaty... and when Chris was done with his project for the evening, he walked over to Jackson's house & told me what he had accomplished, of course I then questioned how I was going to give the girls baths that night with new tiles that couldn't be stepped on in my bathroom! And well, one thing led to another and Jenna, Jackson's nice Mommy said Chloe could take a bath with Jackson! hah! I thought this was funny, I mean, would they wear their bathing suits or what?? But she was serious, and suddenly it was 8:45 and both Chloe & Maya were sharing a bubble bath in Jackson's bath tub with Jackson! What I was afraid would be an issue, wasn't even an issue at all, since the girls were just too excited about the bubbles in the water and being in Jackson's house! haha. So it all worked out well, and was tons of fun for the girls and their little boyfriend. hehe.
On Thursday morning, Jackson & Jenna invited us to the park with them - to a park which we had never been to before - so I packed up the girls and off we went... They also invited us to Jackson's "Mommy & Me" dance & movement class at the YMCA following our visit to the park... SO much fun! The park was great - lots of new things to climb on & play on, which the kids loved... and after about 45 minutes, it was time for Jackson's class at the "Y" so we drove there and again, they girls had lots of fun! (I learned that you can attend different classes a total of 3 times before they start charging you.. so we used a 'guest pass' from Jackson this time..) I should probably enroll them in some "Mommy & Me" classes like this... Maya just danced & danced & ran around like crazy, and Chloe had her moments - where she would have fun and then suddenly get overwhelmed by it all and cling to me & whine & want to be held! Jenna said Jackson was sorta' like that at first, too, so maybe after attending a few times, she would become used to all the 'commotion' and just enjoy it completely. So after an hour of dancing & running around, we all got in our separate cars to go home, but it was lunch time, and I didn't know what we'd eat for lunch at home, so we stopped to Wendy's.. and I bravely took the girls inside to order our food & eat in the restaurant - something I have never done before! It actually went surprisingly well - we even had to wait a good 5-8 minutes in line, just to order our food... and then I threw them in a booth, went & got the tray of food and brought it back and they were good & even ate the food I ordered them! I was amazed and proud of myself - for no disasters, tantrums or even ketchup on anyone's shirts! We did good!
Later on in the evening, my sister & I went to Target with the girls - I had a 10% off shopping spree coupon to use and I had to buy a friend a wedding gift off her registry, so that was fun... I spent more money than I needed to, but got some good deals! My sister found a really fun tunnel for kids to crawl through which she's going to give Chloe for her b-day, for only $10... Chloe was quite mad, though, when it went home with "Auntie Auntie" instead of staying at her house!
The most amazing thing about our fully-loaded Thursday full of fun activities, is that Chloe did not have 1 single accident (we're back to potty training full force lately) all day long! So that was wonderful... usually new environments and situations will cause her to forget and potty in her pants, but not yesterday! However, when talking to my Mom at lunch time today, she had already had an accident... so every day is just different for the child I guess!
In other news - Maya is finally getting 2 more teeth! And it's not her top front 2, but the two on each side of the front ones - so she is getting those teeth which we call 'fangs' before her front ones, which is going to look pretty silly I think! I have never seen that before... but my children are always different than the rest when it comes to getting teeth!
This weekend Chris and I are driving up to Jackson, MI for a wedding of one of my friend's from college. Aunt Merin is going to watch the girls in the afternoon and then my Mom will watch them in the evening, so it will be a fun day-trip/adventure for Chris & I alone! Let's just hope for good weather for this outdoor wedding!
On Sunday we have a Church picnic at the park at lunch time - the girls loved the one we had in May, they got to play on the fun playground at the park and run around with their little friends from Church. :)
So, it shall be a loaded weekend... and all this in the midst of trying to get major projects done and the house nice looking for Chloe's big birthday party next Sunday (the 20th)! We are down to the wire & getting pretty stressed about it all...
Anyway, I think that's all the updates for now... I need to get back to work! Have a good weekend...

No comments: