Friday, July 4, 2008

It's Friday!

Here are more vacation photos!
This is the park we came across while in Cheboygan! This is Chris and Maya running around with the crazy birds...
Our make-shift "picnic" of Little Caesars pizza's!

The beautiful beach, at the same park in Cheboygan...

The pier and the lighthouse..

And a cute family picture...

So it's Friday - the 4th of July!! Last night was the fireworks in our city, about 3 minutes from out house... but for the first time in a while, we didn't go. We didn't have anyone to go with and just didn't feel like it. And besides all that, we are going to my Aunt's house tonight for a party and to watch the fireworks where she lives, so it's not like we're missing out on the fireworks all together!
So last night we stayed home and played outside - the girls ran around and Chris changed a flat tire on his big truck (what a job!) with the help of our neighbor Becky, and I weeded Becky's front garden the whole night, with the help of Chloe who also likes 'weeding'! hehe. For some reason I like doing that sort of thing. She thought I was crazy. hah. She even thought the weeds looked nice growing around her bushes (obviously she's not into 'landscaping' like I am!) So she didn't really care if I weeded it - but I did it anyhow, and then we had an extra bag of mulch at our house so we put that down around her bushes, too... I think I just like doing things that give me immediate, positive results... It makes me feel good. (Too bad I don't like cleaning my house as much I like 'cleaning' up my gardens!) haha.
Anyway, right now the girls are napping and I'm doing dishes & other things, and am about to cut up some vegetables to take with us to the party later. The girls will get to go swimming and have fun... and hopefully this afternoon I can find some water balloons at a store and the girls will have fun with those tonight as well!
I better get back... Hope your 4th of July is wonderful!

No comments: