My big girl turned 3 on Sunday! Here is the cute cake my Mom made her, with a little Curious George sitting in the corner...
Singing "Happy Birthday..."
Maya trying on a cute hat Chloe got as a gift...

Maya checking out what Chloe got as a present...

So - let's see if I can remember all the details of last weekend, though it's already Wednesday! Chris was still feeling pretty tired & gross Friday night and Saturday, so not all the projects I wanted finished, really got done... so that meant I just had to get over it, which I did..
Saturday night we left for Chris' Uncle's house in MI in the midst of some cloudy & dark looking weather and then it finally started to rain - super hard - ALL the way there.... So that means we were all stuck in the house pretty much all evening - with hardly anything for the girls to play with.. Chris was in his glory in the back forty shooting his guns with his brothers & Dad... that took up the whole evening... so I was stuck in the house watching the kids - at least we had lots of good food I guess! Then despite the fact that we were out in the country and it had just rained like crazy and the mosquitoes were HORRIBLE, the guys still wanted to shoot off fireworks. So the bug spray was passed around to everyone, and we tried to bundle up the girls to keep them from getting bit - but it was just terrible! I had forgotten a coat and long pants, so I got bit the worse... and they all turned into big welts - all over my legs - it was AWFUL! And Maya was super tired and finally gave up on watching them, so I just went in the hosue with her. Chloe liked it alot, and sat on Papa's lap most of the time. She only got a few bites on her hands, the only place on her body that remained uncovered! At least Chris got to do what he went for - shoot his guns and shoot off fireworks. Afterward, he said that was the best he'd felt in a while... So that leaves me to think much of his 'icky' symptoms are stress-induced. Continuing along those lines, he called the Dr. on Monday and made an appt... and they found nothing wrong with him - he probably did have heat exhaustion - but the nurse ordered some blood tests, to test his electrolyte level and also his white blood cell count. As I assumed, on Tuesday we got the call that the test results were all okay. So I'm still thinking he is just over-worked & over-stressed, which can cause you many ailments I have learned. So, keep praying for him. He needs a Secretary - we all know that - and someday he'll realize it, too... I hope.
Anyway, back to Sunday! It was a little rainy in the morning, but it cleared up and was bright & sunny in time for Chloe's party - but it was really warm outside, so I didn't bother trying to set up anything in our backyard, and just settled for having the party indoors... setting up tables & chairs in our family & living rooms. It all went well - the food was wonderful and the cake was adorable and Chloe LOVED all her presents - even Maya was going crazy - she was dancing & spinning in circles and getting soo dizzy she'd fall over and all the while she was just screaming - in excitement! We all just stared and laughed at her - she was in rare form! I blamed it on the sip of root beer she had from Great Grandma's cup - which we then realized had caffeine in it! Chloe had some root beer, too, so I think maybe that added to their going crazy! :)
For the first time ever, we got Chloe a 'big' birthday gift. We spontaneously went to Toys 'R Us Sunday morning and bought her a doll house. Now the challenge is to find the time to put it together! (Here's a picture of it which I copied from the Toys 'R Us website - so no, this is not any little girl we know!)

So that's about all the time I have to update right now... I still have other things to write about, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow (hopefully!)
Have a good one...
No comments:
Post a Comment