Tuesday, July 29, 2008

What day is it??

I'm completely disoriented on what day of the week it is, since I never work on Monday & Tuesday... This is so confusing!

So last night nothing sounded good for dinner so we had scrambled eggs and pancakes. It hit the spot, thankfully. Then we got to work over at our neighbors house, Jenna & Keith's, ripping out some of their bushes in front of their house. They're on vacation this week, which means Chloe has 'Jackson withdrawal.' Anyhow, they've wanted their bushes ripped out since they moved in 4 years ago, but haven't done it yet... so I told them Chris loves using his chainsaw and it'd be fun for us to do it while they're gone. Well, I knew it was going to be work - but just not how much work. Poor Chris! I don't think he was happy with me that I volunteered him to do such a big job. There's no way we have the man-power, the energy, or the time to rip out all their bushes (they're huge and line the entire front of their house) but I thought we could at least pull out a few and start the job for them. :) So Chris slaved away at that last night & it looks so different already! He still has to pull the roots out, which is the worst apart, and takes alot of muscle. Perhaps they'll have us over for dinner, though, to repay us for our kindness, I keep telling Chris. haha. So I really don't want them to come home to see just a big empty patch of dirt in front of their house, so today at Wal-Mart I bought a really pretty perennial with small bright gold flowers on it for only $5... and then I think we're gonna' buy a bag of top soil and some mulch and make it look nice in that little area - which would be a wonderful surprise for them! I'm excited - I love doing things for other people - and I figure that doing things out of the goodness of your heart - things that really take effort & time - are a great way to show Jesus' love to people. So hopefully, ripping out Jenna & Keith's bushes for them will make them think "Wow, I can't believe they did that! They are so nice!" And in that way, they will see that something is different about us (the difference being we have Jesus in our hearts!) (Side note: Jenna & Keith go to a Catholic Church, but usually just when it's convenient, and from what we can tell, they do not have a personal relationship with Jesus.. So they are my 'mission' I guess you could say this summer!)

Anyhow, other tid-bits about life lately... Tonight we are going to my in-laws for dinner... YEA - no cooking for me! Tomorrow I have the day off, which will be nice... The weather is very hot lately - reaching 90 degrees in the afternoons, so the girls spend lots of time in their swimsuits - I would rather be inside - but they'd rather be running around in the sprinkler or in their little pool. Chloe is still doing good potty-training... she no longer throws a fit when you put big girl underwear on her... she cooperates usually and she doesn't have too many accidents. We have been really good about keeping her in underwear when we go run errands and stuff - and she even pottied on a public potty for the first time at Old Navy last Saturday! haha. That was an accomplishment. Public toilets are not designed for little bitty bottoms like Chloe's! hehe. I held onto her to make sure she wouldn't fall in - she is a little paranoid about the big potty chairs because 2 weeks ago before bathtime, she fell in!! Yep, her little patooty went splash in the toilet water! YICK!!! Good thing she was going straight into the tub afterward anyway! Anyhow, she is even getting much better at going #2 on the toilet - for a while she was doing it, knowingly, in her underwear, which was terrible... (sorry if this is TMI!) But now she's getting the idea that she can go on the potty - and she usually gets a treat for going #2 on the toilet cuz that's a major accomplishment. :)

Maya officially has 4 teeth - why are my kids such late bloomers when it comes to getting teeth?? She still doesn't have her top front 2 - and the 'fangs' are about fully in.. very silly looking! She is still not eating real great, which affects her sleeping then; she wants to wake up once or twice thru the night for milk - UGH!!! I want to sleep through the night one of these days! I feel like I still have a newborn in my house!

Anyway, I need to get back to work.... But I will leave you with some cute pictures!
Here's Chloe on her birthday, crawling through the new tunnel she got! The lovebirds taking a cruise down the street in their F-150. haha! This is Chloe and Jackson in Jackson's newest most expensive toy.... At left is Jenna, Jackson's Mom, and at right is my friend Erin, holding Maya's hand...

The woman at the wheel now.... For some reason Chloe actually drives the car better than Jackson - she can even shift the gears to go in forward or reverse on her own! This car even has a radio, which tunes into real stations! This day they were crusing down our street listening to country music really loud. It was hilarious. :)
Chloe in her fancy new jewelry - complete with big dangly earrings! She also got these hopscotch squares for her birthday as well...
What a silly picture :)

No comments: