So I feel incredibly blessed this week, for so many reasons, that I feel like sharing it all with you!
First of all, back to Chloe’s birthday party on Sunday… my Mother-in-law called me an hour & a half before the party was to start and asked if I needed help (which I did, since Chris had decided to take a nap right then!) So that was a great surprise, and she helped me set up tables & chairs (we had to go down to my Grandma’s to get them!) and she even hung up my pretty new shower curtain and dusted my end tables!! It was a blessing… and then, she even stayed and helped put all the food away and loaded my dishwasher and cleaned up everything, along with Chris’ help, after the party was all done…. WHAT a blessing for me!
And then on Monday, Erin came over and we were supposed to go to a fellowship meeting at Church with one of the pastors, and we planned to take Chloe & Maya with us… But then Jenna and Jackson ended up coming over to play and when it was time for us to leave to go to Church, Jenna said it’d be okay for the girls to go over to their house & play, while Erin & I went to our Church meeting! So that meant Erin and I could actually pay attention during the meeting and that was awesome! I told Jenna the meeting would last maybe a half hour, but it ended up lasting an hour & a half!! I felt SOO bad about that - but Jenna is awesome & she even fed my kids lunch! I am SO blessed! What a wonderful neighbor!
On Tuesday, my Mother-in-law blessed me again by watching the girls, so my Mom and I could go out to lunch as a special birthday ‘treat’!! (For those of you who may not know, my Mom and I share the same b-day on the 24th!) So we went over to my in-laws around 10:00 and my Mom cut my hair there while they watched the girls (it’s very short again and I love it!) and then we left & went to Jo-Ann Fabrics so I could pick out some material for my Mom to make Chloe a new bedspread (I’m going to re-decorate Chloe’s room when I find the time!) so that was lots of fun for us… we found some really cute material and it’s going to be so pretty - I can’t wait! And then around 11:30 we went to Lone Star Steakhouse…. sooo fun!!! I have been there maybe once… and the reason we went there is because it would be somewhere different than usual and they have lunch specials for $5.99! I splurged and got a steak for $7.99 (still a good deal!) and a loaded sweet potato and my Mom got steak & veggie soup and a sweet potato as well...and then, since it was both our birthday’s we also got a free dessert! Well, after eating all my food and some awesome rye bread they kept bringing us, I was full and I got a slice of key lime pie and took it home for my husband instead of getting a big dessert! (Aren’t I kind!? hehe) Thankfully, my Mom did let me eat some of her hot fudge brownie sundae which was in a BIG bowl and was super tasty!!! My Mom and I both get so excited about good food, so we were just in our glory… haha! Our whole bill only came to $17 and we were full and now we can’t wait to go back next year for our birthday!
My next blessing comes tonight… we’ll be going to Chris’ parents for dinner and I hear his Mom is making a strawberry cake of some sort… with real strawberries… so that will be delicious!
And then I will be blessed again on Saturday morning, when we’ll be going to my Mom and step-Dad’s house - and officially ‘celebrating’ our birthdays with our families. I’m going to make a chocolate pudding cake (yum!!) and Chris will get to shoot his guns, since my Mom has some land in back. So we're both looking forward to it - it'll be a fun time. :)
So today I am turning 28 years old and I couldn't be happier - I'm so glad God has blessed me with all the caring & loving people I have in my life... I feel soo truly blessed...
No comments:
Post a Comment