
...this is always true… but it seems even more so in the summertime. Hence the reason why I never update this blog much anymore.. (So sorry!) There just isn’t time for me to get all the things done in a day that I want to.
Last weekend was super busy - the wedding in MI went well on Saturday - it was nice for Chris and I, having time to ourselves and it was fun catching up with some old college acquaintances while there… however, we got a speeding ticket on the way home - UGH!
On Sunday I worked in the nursery at Church because the usual teachers were out of town and it made me greatly appreciate them after an hour & a half of dealing with 7 little ones fighting over toys the entire time! Afterward, we went to the park for a Church picnic and the girls loved playing on the playground with their friends… And the weather was just perfect - though we got some mosquito bites! Right now I am the winner when it comes to those - I am covered in itchy bites! UGH! I think they need to send that big truck around our neighborhood & spray like they usually do each summer, because the mosquitoes are just awful right now!
We’ve still been spending LOTS of time outside… Chloe is still doing okay potty-training - one day she’ll do awesome and the next she’ll potty all over the place multiple times in 1 day! She had her first accident on the carpet - 2 times within a few hours! That’s when I gave up and put a diaper on her. Usually she still does okay not going in the diaper and using the potty… and it saves me from cleaning up potty messes. UGH. Needless to say, we need to definitely invest in a carpet cleaner vacuum sometime soon!
We’ve been busily doing last minute projects around the house, trying to get ready for Chloe’s birthday party on Sunday. Chris is now done laying tile in the bathroom, now he just needs to grout it (let the fun begin - haha)… and he needs to paint around the shower enclosure and re-install the base molding that had to come off to re-do the floor. He also did some ‘finishing’ work, installing some tiles in the kitchen… And lately I am just busy decorating - moving things around on my walls and making things look nice - I’m so excited about it all! And Chris’ Mom is supposedly coming over tonight to help me finish pounding nails in the walls and hanging things up. :) It’s gonna’ be beautiful! I will definitely take some pictures this weekend of all my newly decorated rooms, since my house will finally be neat & clean for the party! (That’s the blessing of having a party - it motivates you to do things around your house which you have been putting off forever!) Today we paid Alex to come over and pull some giant weeds growing in the backyard around the shed… because we just don’t have time to. When I’m out side with the girls, I have to watch them closely and I have to play with them, which means I don’t get anything done really. I can water the flowers in the gardens while watching them, but that also means they both get wet - because if there’s water coming out of the hose, you’ll bet they want to run through it. :)
So everything is coming together - and the end result will be great - but right now it’s a bit stressful! I still have to figure out the whole menu for Sunday’s party… I do know we’re having hot chicken sandwiches, as I’ve already started cooking the tons of chicken in the slow cooker in order to make it! I figure it’ll be easier to cook and prepare the shredded chicken in advance and just throw it in the freezer for a few days rather than race around like crazy on Saturday & Sunday trying to accomplish way too much!
And in addition - we have another party to attend on Saturday night! Each year around the 4th we go up to Chris’ Uncle’s house in MI, just over the border, and we shoot off fireworks and usually celebrate one of his millions of cousins birthday’s, and they are just now having this big party - since his Uncle was out of town around the 4th. So it’s become sort of a tradition the last 2 years that Chris is the one who buys hundreds of dollars worth of big fireworks for this party and so we just can’t miss it (it’s also the time that Chris gets to take his guns and shoot them - since his Uncle has lots of acres of land…) So of course, we HAVE to go, according to Chris. It will be fun, but I just hope we get everything done around our house so we can enjoy the party and not think about everything that needs to be done before Sunday at 4:30!
Well, I’m currently at work and my copier is busy spitting out 375 funeral bulletins - this is the largest anticipated funeral I’ve ever seen… So let’s pray this copier doesn’t fail me for the next 24 hours cuz it’s gonna’ be working overtime! So I better get back - times are busy - wouldn’t you know it - in my world…
Take care…
Last weekend was super busy - the wedding in MI went well on Saturday - it was nice for Chris and I, having time to ourselves and it was fun catching up with some old college acquaintances while there… however, we got a speeding ticket on the way home - UGH!
On Sunday I worked in the nursery at Church because the usual teachers were out of town and it made me greatly appreciate them after an hour & a half of dealing with 7 little ones fighting over toys the entire time! Afterward, we went to the park for a Church picnic and the girls loved playing on the playground with their friends… And the weather was just perfect - though we got some mosquito bites! Right now I am the winner when it comes to those - I am covered in itchy bites! UGH! I think they need to send that big truck around our neighborhood & spray like they usually do each summer, because the mosquitoes are just awful right now!
We’ve still been spending LOTS of time outside… Chloe is still doing okay potty-training - one day she’ll do awesome and the next she’ll potty all over the place multiple times in 1 day! She had her first accident on the carpet - 2 times within a few hours! That’s when I gave up and put a diaper on her. Usually she still does okay not going in the diaper and using the potty… and it saves me from cleaning up potty messes. UGH. Needless to say, we need to definitely invest in a carpet cleaner vacuum sometime soon!
We’ve been busily doing last minute projects around the house, trying to get ready for Chloe’s birthday party on Sunday. Chris is now done laying tile in the bathroom, now he just needs to grout it (let the fun begin - haha)… and he needs to paint around the shower enclosure and re-install the base molding that had to come off to re-do the floor. He also did some ‘finishing’ work, installing some tiles in the kitchen… And lately I am just busy decorating - moving things around on my walls and making things look nice - I’m so excited about it all! And Chris’ Mom is supposedly coming over tonight to help me finish pounding nails in the walls and hanging things up. :) It’s gonna’ be beautiful! I will definitely take some pictures this weekend of all my newly decorated rooms, since my house will finally be neat & clean for the party! (That’s the blessing of having a party - it motivates you to do things around your house which you have been putting off forever!) Today we paid Alex to come over and pull some giant weeds growing in the backyard around the shed… because we just don’t have time to. When I’m out side with the girls, I have to watch them closely and I have to play with them, which means I don’t get anything done really. I can water the flowers in the gardens while watching them, but that also means they both get wet - because if there’s water coming out of the hose, you’ll bet they want to run through it. :)
So everything is coming together - and the end result will be great - but right now it’s a bit stressful! I still have to figure out the whole menu for Sunday’s party… I do know we’re having hot chicken sandwiches, as I’ve already started cooking the tons of chicken in the slow cooker in order to make it! I figure it’ll be easier to cook and prepare the shredded chicken in advance and just throw it in the freezer for a few days rather than race around like crazy on Saturday & Sunday trying to accomplish way too much!
And in addition - we have another party to attend on Saturday night! Each year around the 4th we go up to Chris’ Uncle’s house in MI, just over the border, and we shoot off fireworks and usually celebrate one of his millions of cousins birthday’s, and they are just now having this big party - since his Uncle was out of town around the 4th. So it’s become sort of a tradition the last 2 years that Chris is the one who buys hundreds of dollars worth of big fireworks for this party and so we just can’t miss it (it’s also the time that Chris gets to take his guns and shoot them - since his Uncle has lots of acres of land…) So of course, we HAVE to go, according to Chris. It will be fun, but I just hope we get everything done around our house so we can enjoy the party and not think about everything that needs to be done before Sunday at 4:30!
Well, I’m currently at work and my copier is busy spitting out 375 funeral bulletins - this is the largest anticipated funeral I’ve ever seen… So let’s pray this copier doesn’t fail me for the next 24 hours cuz it’s gonna’ be working overtime! So I better get back - times are busy - wouldn’t you know it - in my world…
Take care…
No comments:
Post a Comment