Thursday, October 30, 2008

It's a good day

Here are Chloe's first preschool pictures! Picture day was a few weeks ago and after picking out a cute outfit for Chloe to wear that morning, I once again read the ‘instruction sheet’ we received, and it said the pictures would have a fall theme for a background and that we should stay away from purple’s, pink’s etc. Well, it seems Chloe's wardrobe consists of lots of pink & purple, which I never realized until that moment. So the only thing I could find was these brown & black leopard pants (hah!) and she doesn’t even have a nice shirt to match them, so she wore a white shirt with it, along with white socks & brown shoes! Yes - Oh my, not exactly my pick for preschool pictures, but hello, I was told she had to match the background! So the result is below… can you believe that the girls are outnumbered by the boys!

Silly Chloe is wearing a forced smile - and a real one would've been SO cute! The fall theme sure is something else - not quite the same as the pictures we had taken as children! I remember class pictures of us as kids, standing on risers with just the red brick wall behind us! haha.


So in other news, we had a fun evening last night at Grandma & Grandpa’s - we had a yummy dinner and then carved a pumpkin. Chloe didn’t want to really stick her hands in it - she had fun squishing a few seeds between her fingers, but that’s as far as it went (since as you know, she’s my little neat freak!) We didn’t have time to carve the other one, so my Mom said this morning that maybe she would do it with the girls - I thought that was brave of her! At lunch time when I talked to her she said they had done it, and then put 2 candles in the pumpkins and went in the dark bedroom and lit them - which I’m sure thrilled the girls! Haha.

I am SO glad that it’s super nice out today - though I wish I didn’t have to sit inside the Office for the next 2 hours instead of enjoying the warm sunshine! It’s almost 70 degrees someone said, which is amazing - usually Halloween is always cold & rainy! So that will make for a fun evening of trick-or-treating - maybe we’ll even go to more than just 4 houses this time!

Yesterday, at the Fall Fun Day at preschool, the kids paraded around the church and then ended up in the gym where all the parents waited for them - they brought the kids in one class at a time, and they stood on a line and sang two songs and then went back to their classrooms to change out of their costumes before games & crafts. So I got some pictures of Chloe & her classmates all dressed up & lined up - I even took a 10 sec. video of them singing, but none of the kids sang, just the teacher! They were too busy holding little cut-out pumpkins on popsicle sticks, way up the air, as the teacher sang “10 Little Pumpkins” by herself! It was funny. Every once in a while Chloe belted out a word (like she did before) but I never knew what it was. My pumpkin bowling was successful - and I got to know 2 other mom’s from Chloe’s class a little better, as they had a game right next to mine. Sarah was a “group leader” that took a couple kids around to each game or craft so we didn’t get to talk much.

Today we had a fun lunch at Church with lots of the Staff - we had pizza, fruit and these delicious frosted sugar cookies. I actually ate thin crust pizza with green peppers, onion and sausage! All 3 of these things I usually never eat! It was actually not that bad, either! I was amazed! (Guess I should explore my horizons when it comes to pizza toppings.) :)

So trick-or-treating begins at 6:00 tonight and I get home from work around 5:30 - so hopefully Chris will bring something home with him for dinner! We greatly enjoy getting free Mediterranean food from a guy Chris does lots of work for, who happens to own a restaurant. We get food from him at least once a week, for free. It’s a blessing. Right now I’m in love with hummus and pita bread and a bowl of lemon rice soup! Soon I’ll get to the point that I eat so much I can’t eat it for months, I’m sure, but right now, it still sounds good!

Well, I should get back to work… Hope you have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Missy said...

How funny that you love hummus! It's so yummy! I love to hear your branching out with your food choices!