Chris is in the hospital & your prayers are needed...
Since he had his 'wheelbarrow accident' last Friday and hurting his chest, he's been in pain - pain that hasn't gotten much better. So last night (Weds.) he got home from work and took a muscle relaxer and a vicodin and then later on got in the hot tub and drank 1/2 a beer. I told him it probably wasn't a good idea - the beer that is - since he'd taken these meds... but he didn't listen. He ended up coming to bed early feeling nauseated and by 4 a.m. he was getting sick in the bathroom. By 8:30 he was sick again, and this time as he was getting sick, the right side of his body went numb and he was so weak that he ended up laying on the bathroom floor - his hand & arm wasn't moving - his fingers were stuck in place - so at that point I decided to call 911. They came and I rode with him to the hospital - all during this my wonderful Mom was at our house (since it's typically my work day) getting Chloe ready for pre-school. Luckily she had loaded Maya & Chloe in the van & was gone before the ambulance came, or I think that might've upset poor Chloe who was confused about what was going on.
So you know how ER's go --- nothing but TONS of waiting... So long story short, after a chest x-ray, a CT scan of his spine, and some IV fluid and morphine later, the tests came back okay. He got up to walk - the request of the ER Dr. in order for him to be released - and the pain which had subsided came back and was horrible and he was light-headed, dizzy and nauseated again. He laid back down and after a few more hours (UGH) my mother-in-law and I and the ER Dr. decided it was best to transfer Chris to a hospital with a Trauma 1 center that could treat him neurologically if need be. So the wait to be transferred began... UGH... He got to the 'better' hospital - where he was seen by an entire "trauma team" - (how wonderful is that?! I thought, 4 heads are surely better than one!) - and the study began to figure out what on earth caused the right side of his body to go numb early this morning. No one could figure it out. They took a CT scan of his brain - all was good. I hung around the hospital till about 8:00 and left to come home & pick up my girls from the in-laws and tuck them in bed. So here I sit. I called Chris at 9:30 - he said the neurosurgeon had stopped in and said that they'd be doing an MRI of Chris' head & neck in the morning. At this point I'm doubting they'll find anything. He always seems to have mysterious ailments, I've noticed. . (which leads me to believe they may be stress-induced to a degree!)
So now I'm MORE than ready for bed and asking for you to pray - once they take him off the pain meds, he's in severe pain, moreso than before, since the getting sick just aggravated the chest problem & pain.
I will try & update tomorrow when I get the chance... Thanks for thinking of him!
1 comment:
Aw I'm so sorry to hear that!! I hope he gets better soon.
Post a Comment