Note: I updated my blog yesterday, so you might want to read that one before this one...
Not shortly after my last entry, my world came crashing down… Well, that sounds a little more drastic than it was I guess, but Chris returned to his over-working mode on Tuesday and got home late from work and also told me during dinner, “You’re going to have to go back to working full-time this Winter if work continues like it does.” So I guess maybe things are slowing down a bit in his world.. (I thought this was what we wanted, but I guess not..) So that statement hit me hard and was very discouraging. It was only moments before that I thought I was getting closer to finally quitting my job… Oh well. And then the phone calls came, all evening, like usual… so instead of hanging out with his wife & kids, he ends up talking on the phone all night long doing business. I needed his help getting the girls in bed last night because Maya was a little hyper and wouldn’t fall asleep, and he said grumpily “I don’t have time for this!” And that made me sad, too. And while I got Chloe’s teeth brushed & read her a bedtime story, he was able to sit in there & rub Maya’s back and get her to fall asleep. It only took maybe 10 minutes of his time.
What is so aggravating is that I know his heart - I know he loves me and he loves Chloe & Maya, because I see it - so clearly - when he is away from his job for 2 days. Thursday through Sunday were wonderful days because I was living with a husband who was patient and loving and not overworked & stressed to the max. Monday wasn’t too bad, but by the time 6 p.m. on Tuesday rolled around, he was back to his normal self, stressed and completely absorbed by his work.
I completely felt like we were being attacked by Satan. Within minutes of my writing on here about surrendering to Jesus and getting our priorities straight, I was completely hit with discouragement and defeat. My hope had just vanished.
I continue to ask for your prayers for us - that God would strengthen us and reveal himself to us in a new way and that Chris would not be a workaholic anymore! When you are completely annoyed about having to help your child fall asleep at night, because it means leaving the computer & a pile of work on the table for a mere 10 minutes - then you know your life is out of balance.
But instead of ending this update in discouragement, I think I’ll end on a more positive note...
Tomorrow, is our trip to the Pumpkin Patch with Chloe’s pre-school and I’m excited - I got someone to take my place at work for the morning so I could go with her. And we’re even going to carpool with one of Chloe’s little classmates, Jonah and his Mom, Sarah. I first talked to Sarah last week on the phone, when I needed to switch our ‘snack’ days since Chloe missed school on Tuesday. We then officially met yesterday in the parking lot and she was SO nice. She has two boys, Jonah, born 1 month before Chloe, and Ryan, who is 16 months old.. so we’re just about in the same boat! She was SOO nice and down to earth, and I didn’t feel intimidated talking to her. It was nice. So it turns out they live only a few minutes from our house and since parking is limited at the pumpkin patch, we’re going to drive to Jonah’s house tomorrow morning and then Sarah's going to drive us there! It will be great, because it’s about 25 minutes away & hopefully we’ll get to know each other better during the drive. She already mentioned possibly having a “play-date” sometime since the kids are so close in age. I’m thrilled! I have always tried to make friends with people who have kids the same age as us, but I feel like it’s always me trying and it never works out. So now I’m just praying that Sarah is a Christian, too, which would be even more of a blessing!
In other news, Maya is finally getting more teeth! She is getting one of her front teeth on top, so we can say goodbye to her just having fangs - - and she is also getting 2 teeth on the bottom - to the left & right of her front bottom 2. So getting three teeth all at once is awful - she is drooling like crazy & is quite cranky!
Oh, I finally uploaded the pictures of Chloe riding the pony on Saturday, as well as pictures of her trying on her Halloween princess costume last week… So in good time, I will post those.
Until next time, keep praying that Jesus’ power would prevail and Satan would be defeated in our lives! Thank you!
No comments:
Post a Comment