Chris got discharged from the hospital around 6:30 last night. I think it helped that his Friday nurse was a woman he used to work with, way back when, at Sears Hardware! It was a little odd.. but I think that's part of the reason we got out so quick. She knew we wanted to leave & did her best to speed up the process. So yes, the MRI results all came back okay, which I knew they would.
When we walked in the door, Chloe said "You feelin' better Daddy??" really quietly to him. It was cute. And she was being really careful around him - she walked around him while he was sitting on the couch and she said "I not hurt your leg, Daddy, right?" Aww, my poor sweet child -- you just know she understands more than you even think.
So here we are at home now... We went to Meijer this morning and bought Chris an arm sling - because it actually feels better in his chest region when his arm is not moving & is supported, rather than just hanging at his side... so although his arm itself isn't hurt, everyone is gonna' think it is since it's in a sling! After a little bit of grocery shopping (for kleenex & milk - two things in high demand at our house!) we actually ventured to the apple orchard for their annual apple butter festival. We went with Chris' Mom and Alex, so at least we'd have some help with the girls since Chris can't do much. I dropped him off really close to the festival, so he didn't have to walk far and he enjoyed the fact that he got to eat those big steak fries and a steak sandwich for lunch. And of course we came home with fresh cinnamon sugar donuts and 2 apple fritter as well! (Yeah, not good for our diets, but we only get these special treats from the apple orchard once a year!) This year for the first time Chloe was old enough to enjoy the pony rides! She was thrilled to be able to ride a real horse!! She was smiling from ear to ear and Chris took some pictures, which I haven't looked at yet because the camera batteries died.. So I'll have to post those later on. It was fun; I'm glad we went... and Chris wasn't suffering too bad & didn't complain much... Though we were all clearly ready for naps by the time we left!
Well, both Chloe and Maya are now awake from their naps so that means I have to go... Thank you for all your prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment