So on Saturday this past weekend, Chris and I actually went on a date! My sister came over & watched the girls and we went to dinner at the Tropical Smoothie Cafe and ate wonderful sandwiches & smoothies before going to see "Fireproof" at the movie theatre. Since this is a Christian movie, I figured it'd be a small crowd, but by the time it started, the theatre was quite full!! It was a movie like no other... It wasn't just a movie with subtle Christian overtones, it was all about saving a couple's marriage that was in shambles, and involved people coming to know Christ, reading the Bible... it was just full of things you wouldn't expect to see sitting in a movie theatre! And whenever something awesome happened, people in the crowd would applaud or yell "Amen!" haha. It was amazing!! So yeah, not your typical movie-going experience! It was so powerful and I have to say, I know movies are expensive (we went cuz we had free tickets) but I would've totally paid $10 a person to see this movie. It was WELL worth it and it was powerful and moving and of course, brought me to tears. I recommend that you go see it, especially to give the makers/producers the message that Christian movies are a huge success and more should be made!! The first few songs on my playlist (at bottom of this blog) are songs that were played during the movie and if you want to learn more about the movie, go to this website (watching the preview will just give you a glimpse into what an awesome move this is!):
http://www.fireproofthemovie.com/
Even if this doesn't sound like something you'd be interested in (maybe too much "God" stuff in it for you - I still highly recommend you go see it - you will learn things about marriage & life that are invaluable lessons!!)
Well, that's all for today... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment