Well, it’s Wednesday. Here’s the update on the health of everyone in our house! (Lately I feel like we're all just falling apart!) So.. Chloe’s rash has completely disappeared - Amen! Maya was a good baby for most of the day yesterday. I gave her some motrin in the morning which lasts for 8 hours and all day long she didn’t have a fever and was even okay with not being held all day.. It was so nice to have a happy baby again! And my wonderful Mom came up in the morning to help me out and stayed until both girls went down for naps after lunch. That was nice… it meant that I got to take a short nap in the morning with Maya and then in the afternoon, too. This was nice because yesterday morning I woke up with lots of odd aches & pains - perhaps because I didn’t sleep well the night before? I don’t know... Monday night the girls took turns being awake every hour. UGH. If Maya wasn’t awake & screaming, it was Chloe. It was just terrible...
Last night Chloe slept all night - praise Jesus! - but Maya didn’t sleep well. She was perfectly happy & fine all evening, but once she went to bed, things went downhill. She kept waking up with ear piercing screams and then you’d put the pacifier in her mouth & she’d go back to sleep. But it got old waking up every hour to her screaming. I couldn’t figure out if she had a fever or not - her forehead was not super hot, but her arms, legs & hands seemed to be very hot… so finally around 5 a.m. I gave her some Tylenol and she actually slept for 2 hours straight then. And she usually wants to eat through the night multiple times, and last night she ate at 10:15 and then refused to eat all night long, which sort of worried me -- I didn’t know what was wrong with her. Perhaps through the night her fever finally broke, which made her uncomfortable & irritable…? I don’t know! She did take a bottle really good for my Mom, though, before I left for work this morning and she seemed to be returning to her happy self after being awake for a little while. So hopefully she is finally getting better.
As for me, I woke up again this morning with terrible aches & pains. And it’s the weirdest thing - like today both my wrists hurt - to make a fist & clench it, it hurts terribly - even my fingers! And my one knee has been hurting - so bad it’s hard to walk sometimes. And this morning the entire bottom of my one foot hurt really bad. I have no clue where these pains are coming from! It’s so odd, not to mention annoying. It’s almost as bad as having the aches & pains you get when you have the flu -- when all your muscles just ache and you don’t want to move. That’s how I feel. UGH. I am taking advil but it doesn’t seem to help all that much. So please pray for me. I am hoping that by sitting here at work I will heal since I won’t be carrying around children all day or doing anything strenuous!
At least Chris seems to be doing okay. I haven’t heard him complaining about anything lately anyway! YEA for that!
As for everything else in our lives - We are preparing for Chloe’s big 2 year b-day party which we’re having this Saturday (her actual birthday is Friday). It’s going to be my family and then some various friends… totaling about 23 people or so. We’re going to have a separate party with Chris’ family just because our house is small and it would stress me out to have 40 or so people over all at once! It would be so chaotic and we’d have to have so much food & I’m just not up for that! Some people have not been very understanding about it, though, and are giving us a hard time about having 2 parties. It’s stupid. All the time it is clear to me that you just can’t make everyone happy!
So next Tuesday (the 24th) is mine & my Mom’s birthday’s! I’ll be 27 this year! We are going to maybe go out for dinner all of us (my mom & step-dad and sister & her husband) - to Bob Evans since my Mom and I both love that place! We shall see. The selfish side of me doesn’t like that Chloe and my Mom’s birthday’s both fall so close to mine. I’m so busy thinking of what to buy my Mom and organizing Chloe’s party that I just had the realization yesterday that “Holy cow! It’s my birthday too!” Really, I had forgotten.
Well, I’ve probably written enough, so I should go now…
No comments:
Post a Comment