Friday, July 6, 2007

WHAT a week!

Well, I apologize that this entry is going to be SUPER long, since I haven’t written since last Saturday! Here's what has happened since last weekend:

Last Sunday we were set to go to the fireworks put on by this church, but we found out late in the day that they no longer would be shooting them off from the church and it was going to be about 20 minutes away (instead of 5 minutes from our house).. So we decided not to go. It was disappointing. Chris’ family came over, though, to help move furniture out of our living room and tear up the carpet in there. We also had hot dogs on the grill. It stressed me out to have the whole front of our house carpet-less until Tuesday -- I gathered all my rugs and lined them up down the hall so we would have a safe and clean path to walk down. Chloe enjoyed her voice echoing through the house & the sound of her feet on the hardwood floor as she jumped from rug to rug! This also meant anytime her or Maya cried it was super loud & just rang through the house. UGH. Monday was a long day - just me and the girls like usual and lately Chloe has been really stubborn about putting herself to sleep. She wants to be held & rocked which I can’t do if Maya is awake and needs to be held. So I have to wait for Chloe to become SUPER tired and doesn’t resist falling asleep.. which means naptime is much later in the afternoon than I can handle. I get so easily worn out. Once Chris got home from work on Monday, his family came over again, this time we ate pizza together and him & his Dad tore up the carpet in the family room. We had to empty ALL our furniture into different rooms in the house, mainly the garage, which freaked me out because who knows what rodents or bugs or what-not lives out there! And all our good furniture was sitting out there now! So needless to say this whole new carpet ordeal was completely stressful to me. I couldn’t handle having nowhere to sit and having nowhere for Chloe to play. Our huge couch was in our tiny little kitchen and that was the only place to sit! It was crazy.

So Tuesday morning my Mom came up and picked up Chloe & took her back to her house for the day, so my hands wouldn’t be completely full with 2 kids while the new carpeting was being installed. My friend Erin came over and her and I and Maya hung out in the basement until lunch time, when the carpet people left. It is beautiful & soft and we love how it looks, and we are still sort of in the process of moving everything back to its place. At least when you take everything out of your house, you are forced to clean & dust and then you get to re-arrange all your furniture which is always fun! It’s like living in a whole new house!

Later on that day, after a dinner of p.b. & jelly sandwiches (which Chloe loved amazingly - since she never has liked them before), we went to Dave & Elise’s house on the river to watch the fireworks and experience their homemade 200 ft. water slide down the massive hill! We forgot to take swimsuits for anyone - cuz we weren’t planning on going down the slide - but of course once Chloe saw a zillion kids in swimsuits having fun going down the slide & getting wet - she started taking off her shirt and whining cuz she wanted to as well! So we reduced Chloe to a diaper and Chris went down the slide with her in his clothes! Chris sat on an air mattress with his legs in front of him, with Chloe on his lap, and he hugged her tightly and down they went super fast and splashing through a big puddle that had gathered toward the bottom! I stood about a quarter of the way down and tried to take a picture, while also holding Maya! I was SO nervous cuz you can easily start to turn and could fall off the mattress and tumble down the hill head first & Chloe looked terrified when they whizzed by me! He said she made scared little noises all the way down, but once they hit the bottom of the hill, she giggled and wanted to do it again! I guess she’s gonna’ be our little roller coaster rider! hehe. So anyway, that was fun for them. The fireworks were fabulous - they lasted longer than any I’d seen before and they were right above our heads - Chloe wasn’t sure at first, she kept pulling the blanket over her eyes & peeking out every so often --- eventually she got used to it, though and watched most of them in silence & without the blink of an eye or even making a noise. Maya somehow slept through it all! The worst part was the drive home; we were only 10 mins. from home and yet it took us 45 mins. to get there, which was around 11:15 pm! UGH!!

So the next morning, Wednesday the 4th, I had the day off, but Chris had to work (too bad for me!) but I was blessed that my sister could come over and spend the day with us! Chloe and I went grocery shopping in the morning, while my sister stayed home with a sleeping Maya, and then Chloe took a good nap for us while we got to have some good sisterly bonding time… It was very nice!! But when Chloe awoke, she had a fever, so I gave her some Tylenol and she rested for the next hour until the medicine kicked in and she returned to her playful self! It started as a fever, sneezing, and a runny/stuff nose and now she just has a deep cough and slight nose problems. Poor girl! Too much fun the night before, I guess. I also came down with a slight cold, but not as bad as Chloe’s.

Well, now we’re to yesterday, Thursday! I got to leave the house & come to work (a welcome break for me!) and last night we actually did nothing for a change! This was pretty much because of Chloe’s sickness and the fact that I broke a toe again! ARGHHH!!! I tripped over a pair of Chris’ huge shoes and my toe was SO completely crooked and terrible looking after doing it, that I had to bend it back to make it straight and then wrapped some tape around it and sat around the rest of the night in pain. I was SO mad all evening. It is quite annoying to not be able to walk right & to be in pain & to know this is going to last at least a week or 2! And this time it’s a toe on my right foot, which I drive with, making life all the more difficult! The only joyous part of last night was that Chris spent quality time with our children and even got Maya to giggle A LOT! It was adorable & I captured some of it on the video camera! That was nice.

And today is Friday… Soon it will be time for me to leave work and tonight we’re supposed to go to Chris’ Uncle’s house in MI and have a 4th of July party. We eat and the kids play and at dusk we shoot off fireworks. Last year Chris splurged & bought some fancy ones and everyone was impressed - they were huge! So he wants to do the same tonight. I frankly don’t want to go… it’s a 45 min. drive practically and Chloe is still sick and she doesn’t need to be out late at night and risk getting a worse cold AND not to mention I can barely walk without being in constant pain! And then Maya & Chloe will both be cranky & tired when it’s time to come home and it will be a long drive and it’s just not something I look forward to! So who knows what we’ll do… probably we’ll go anyway, because Chris is adamant about going.

I have surely written a novel now and I still have lots of work to do so I better end it here! Hope you have enjoyed this lengthy update! Soon I will try & post some pictures from the Chloe & Chris waterslide experience! Have a good weekend…

No comments: