So it's Thursday. I'm sitting here at work about to fall asleep. The same thing happened to me yesterday afternoon. I haven't been running the A/C here so I can enjoy the nice breezy weather with the windows wide open, but that means it gets a little warm in the office and combine that with a full stomach after lunch, and that would make anyone want to sleep!
Last night after dinner I was completely dragging and wanted to go to bed at 7:00. Maya has been waking up every 3 hours again - she would go for a stretch of 4 or 5 hours at least during the night, but not lately. UGH. And Chloe's been waking up through the night lately, too. Last night she didn't, but lately it's been a common occurrence for her to yell or cry and Chris usually has to go in there and get her back to sleep.
Anyhow, tonight we're going to the in-law's for dinner. It's Joe's birthday (Chris' brother) so we'll be celebrating that. At least the weather is nice & Chloe will probably want to play outside all evening. Her cold she got over the 4th of July is finally going away... just a slight cough is hanging on. But now Maya is trying to fight off the cold! UGH. I figured this would be inevitable with how Chloe likes to snuggle her all the time & occasionally put Maya's pacifier in her mouth when we're not looking! So last night Maya's little nose would sniffle every once in a while and then start to run. I wiped her nose once and she got a horrifed look on her face right before letting out the world's loudest scream. Poor girl. I hope it doesn't get any worse. I think the key is to keep her inside, out of the really breezy air this evening. That will be difficult since I'm sure everyone will want to be outside.
So tomorrow is Friday & I'm throwing a little birthday party for Chloe, here at the Church I work at. I did this last year, too, since everyone here hadn't seen her in quite some time. So my mom is going to load up the girls in the van and bring them over around 11:30 and we'll have pizza and birthday cake & such. There will be about 15 people or so, so it oughta' be fun, hopefully & not too stressful! Not many people have even seen Maya yet, so that will be nice to have her here!
Well, I need to get back to my boring secretarial duties now....
No comments:
Post a Comment