Thursday, July 19, 2007

It's Thursday

Well, here’s your Thursday update... When I got home yesterday I noticed Maya was starting to develop the rash - since she had gotten the same cold/virus that Chloe had, it also turned into the same rash. The rash itself is not contagious, though. But she was a happy baby and we didn’t had to give her any more tylenol yesterday. YEA! We went to Chris’ parents for dinner and Maya even happily coo’ed while sitting in her car seat for the whole meal. That never happens! So that was nice. Chloe went to sleep good for a change last night and slept all night long - every so often she’d let out a whine or whimper but would go back to sleep without us having to go in her room at all. YEA! And Maya was back to her normal sleeping/eating routine through the night, so no worries there! I tried to go to bed early because come 10:00 my body was SOOO sore. It hurts during the day and 100 times more at night. Anyone know what’s wrong with me? I can’t believe it is just stress that is causing my body to ache. Last night I briefly searched on mayoclinic.com for possible things that could be wrong with me. Yeah, that’ll make you paranoid. hah. I just feel like something must be wrong with me. I have never in my life felt like this before, without having an accompanying sickness. My joints & muscles in my legs & arms are where it hurts the worst… it is very painful. I told Chris I needed to get a massage & see if it’d help (I even have a gift card I can use so it’d be free!) and so I asked when I could go and he said maybe next Saturday! (I was thinking & hoping for a little sooner! Nice!)

Well, on another note… Chris had a slight ‘accident’ with his truck yesterday. You know at some gas stations they have these nice little cement posts, sorta’ in the shape of little pillars, by the gas pumps so you don’t run into the gas pump? Below I created a silly little picture to describe what I'm talking about... the yellow thing on the right is my rendition of the cement post! (hah! can we say too much time on my hands while at work!?)

Well, I guess this little cement post was sticking way out - a few feet away from the gas pump - so when Chris turned the wheel to pull out, he turned into the post, scraping the paint off his driver side - both doors - and put HUGE dents in both of them. It looked like someone hit him. The back door (he has a 4 door truck) wouldn’t even open. He thought it would be a couple hundred dollars - to have to get a new paint job and the dents ironed out. So he took it in to the demolition place and it turns out he has to get a whole new door in back!! So it’ll be at least $1,000. UGH. There goes that money down the tubes. And he’ll have to get a rental truck somehow so that makes it even more expensive of an “oops.” So unlike the rest of us, Chris himself isn’t falling apart, but his truck is! I was a nice wife, though, and didn’t yell at him or get upset or anything. (I have definitely had my share of “oops’es” with cars as well!)

Anyway, we finally have finalized our menu for Chloe’s birthday party on Saturday. I wanted to make something good - like hot chicken sandwiches from scratch - so people know I can cook (hah!) - but I totally don’t need any more stress in my life, so we’re going to have a meat/cheese tray with different kinds of fresh bread to make sandwiches, as well as chicken salad and other wonderful side dishes that my family members are going to contribute. Nothing fancy but it will still be delicious I’m sure!

Well, I have 200 bulletins to go staple now (my poor arm!) On a good day, stapling 200 bulletins totally strains my arm when the job is finally done, so this is going to be quite the task today. UGH.

Later…

No comments: