So, we got more snow last night. I’m starting to wonder if Spring will ever come. I think everyone’s wondering that at this point! I saw on the news it’s supposed to reach 60 degrees, I think on Monday - but with thunderstorms. UGH. I’m ready for some nice weather already - I would like to dust off the stroller and take the girls on a walk around the block…
So today has been a nice day - it’s really been a nice ‘work week’ since I haven’t had much to do. Today my nice helper Laurel came in to stuff the Sunday bulletins, whose job coach is my friend Brenda, and we decided spontaneously to go out for lunch just the 3 of us - and not to just Wendy’s or Arby’s - but The Olive Garden!! How fun is that!? We knew they have their 5.95 soup & salad lunch special so we planned on getting that to be cheap - but Laurel and I ended up splitting a pizza instead. It was wonderful - I ate 2 pieces of pizza, TONS of salad and 2 breadsticks!! And yes, I spent my share of money on eating out this week - but it was a nice change and so fun for me. And tonight is our usual “take-out” night when Chris comes home with Max & Erma’s or something for us for dinner - so I have just been getting one good meal after another this week. :)
Anyway, I’m still baffled as to why Maya is so cranky lately. She isn’t eating good AGAIN - and I don’t know why. She is drinking lots of formula - but she has regressed completely and is no longer sleeping through the night. She used to drink maybe one bottle through the night and now she is back to drinking multiple bottles! Now granted, I only make her a few ounces of formula each time, so it isn’t close to a full bottle, just enough to get her calmed down & back to sleep, but perhaps I should be giving her a full bottle, to see if she’d sleep longer. I don’t know. I researched more today about having a milk allergy and babies can have a major allergy or a mild one - so I think maybe hers is mild - so even though the regular formula doesn’t bother her, perhaps the whole milk still does. I’m also going to look closer at what I’m feeding her - maybe some of the baby food has milk in it or something else she could be allergic to? Something just isn’t right with her and it’s frustrating not knowing what.
Well, we don’t have anything big planned this weekend - just going to Alex’s birthday party on Saturday night and then Church on Sunday. On Monday night we have our book study again which I’ll go to with my sister. I look forward to that since this book is pretty awesome. (It’s called “Lies Women Believe… and the truth that sets them free” by Nancy Leigh DeMoss)
Only 1 more hour of work left till I go home to the kids! Please pray that I have a good weekend… With Chris having a cold, that means he’ll probably want to sleep 24/7 and that means no break from the children for me… and I love my children dearly, but it’s nice to know I will get help taking care of them on the weekends… and then it’s hard when I expect this kind of help and then don’t get the amount of help I desire. :) (I’m trying to word this in a nice way.) So, pray that I am not selfish and rude - but that I would be loving & understanding, and that we would also have some good quality ‘family’ time. Thank you!
No comments:
Post a Comment