Thursday, March 27, 2008

Wow, 2 updates in 2 days!

So, to make a long story short (hah! as if I’m even capable of that!) I went to Wal-Mart on my lunch break today - though I wasn’t entirely excited to, cuz it’s raining out, but I had a list of stuff I needed and stuff the Church needed, so I had to go… Anyway, Chris’ brother is turning 13 and we’re going to be celebrating his b-day this Saturday, so we had to get him something… well, I had this bright idea of getting him a Wal-Mart gift card since he could buy books or a video game or anything really, and you can upload a photo to the Wal-Mart website and then have the picture printed onto a gift card, which makes a really unique gift - so I did that this morning on the computer, uploading a cute pic of him & chloe, and then I picked up the gift card (I did the 1 hr. photo) while shopping today and when I was in line to check-out, I went to add money to the gift card and there was no bar code or anything on the back of the card. So they obviously gave me a stupid card that was blank. And I was on my strict 30 min. lunch break so I had no time to go back to the photo dept. and complain and get a new card printed, so I just left, mad. I was getting him this Wal-Mart gift card cuz it was going to be easy & Chris and I don’t have time to go shopping… and well, now I have to make another trip back there! I talked to Chris, and we may just say forget it (the card was only 88 cents, plus tax) and get a gift card for him from Best Buy or something. Still, it’s frustrating. And then I had to buy poster board for the Church and of course it’s raining out and they have NO bags that are big enough to hold poster board. Are you kidding me? So 1 piece of my poster board got colored smudges on it, out of the 5 pieces I bought… ohh the frustration. Hopefully we still can use the other side of it so it doesn’t go to waste. So yes, my usually fun trip to Wal-Mart was quite frustrating today! Oh, I did get the girls some really cute matching zip-up hooded sweatshirts - they are light blue with little hearts on them and they were $5 each! I’m all into dressing them alike since my Mom got them those cute Spring dresses that match. hehe. I thought these coats might be perfect for when we go on vacation in June to Mackinaw, where it could get chilly.

So last night we made homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with a recipe my Mom always uses. They turned out SOO good and we made half of them without chocolate chips - cuz Chris likes ‘em that way, and most of the time Chloe thinks anything that is chocolate is poop, or dirt, or something! haha. You give her a chocolate chip cookie and she will eat around the chocolate chips and when she sees them, she says really dramatically...“Eeewww!!” It’s funny. On occasion, though, she will eat a hershey kiss or some other form of chocolate, which doesn't make much sense. Oh, and Maya loved the oatmeal cookies and ate an entire cookie herself! :)


Well, in other news, Chris came down with a cold last night. Runny nose, sneezing, the usual… He is taking lots of vitamin C. That always seems to shorten the length of the cold and help it not get real bad. But I told him if he just took his vitamins on a regular basis he would not get a cold, but he can never remember to take them daily… and I try to remind him, but I have 2 other children to take care of! :)

So we need to pray that Chloe desires to not wear diapers soon… that child needs to be potty trained & it is expensive going through so many size 4 diapers each week with both girls! Yes, they wear the same size. If Maya can’t come off formula anytime soon, then we at least need to get Chloe out of diapers so we can stop throwing our money away on diapers AND formula. She seems to want to sit on her little potty chair after the fact, instead of before… and sometimes she has days where she keeps telling me she’s wet, so she is obviously tired of sitting in wet diapers, which is good… it would be nice to get this out of the way before June when we go on vacation, but I don’t know how long potty training even takes…

Well, I guess I should quit rambling and go do some work, since that is what I’m getting paid for… :)

No comments: