How adorable is this? These are pictures from our visit to my friend Erin's house, which I'll tell you about below...
Chloe sitting at their fun big table, drinking juice..


Me feeding a cranky Maya some milk...
Chloe sitting at their fun big table, drinking juice..

Me feeding a cranky Maya some milk...

So it's been one of those days where you feel like the morning was 3 weeks ago... So long... and I'm so ready for bed.
Last night we got what is turning out to be our usual Friday night dinner - Max and Erma's to go. I am obsessed lately with their plain old tossed salads. I love their ranch dressing. So I always get the pick 2 combo and I get a salad, breadstick and either a half of a turkey club, or for something different last night, I got french onion soup. It was good.
Today I packed up the girls and the 3 of us went to Erin's house. Her & her husband bought a new house back in December and we have yet to go see it, so today was the day! I figured the girls are pretty happy in the morning so I could handle taking them out of the house alone - something I never venture to do cuz it stresses me out. So we made it there okay (Maya rode in the 'big girl' car seat for the first time and liked it!) and they both went nuts when we walked in the door - new environments (as long as they aren't filled with strange people) make them go crazy and make them happy... they love walking around & discovering new things - so a new house to run around in circles in was great for them. :) I was so glad we ventured out - it made me feel like I accomplished something as a Mom and I even stopped through the Arby's drive-thru on the way home - though Chloe was yelling while I tried to order - at least eating french fries made her quiet the rest of the way home. And Maya had so much fun that she fell asleep during the drive home! That kinda' screwed up our nap time later on, but it was still better than driving with screaming/cranky children. So anyway, the pictures above are taken at Erin's house and we cannot wait for summer - when Erin doesn't work and we can go over there & play more often! Since it's a newer housing development, she said they even have a neat little park for kids not far down the street - so that will be fun! And what's more exciting is that Erin and her husband are hoping to have a baby next year - in the next few months they are going to start trying officially. I am SO excited!
Anyway, Chris is working away on the kitchen.. yesterday half the counter top got installed and I got to see it when I got home from work - I love it and so does Chris - yea! And this morning while we were out Chris got the plumbing redone, installed the new sink and faucet and the counter top surrounding it all. So we are getting very close now!! This evening he started tiling around the sink area... I'm still nervous how it's gonna' look and whether he will get this tiling all done by next weekend. I will try & post some pictures later - though I realize it's not as exciting for anyone reading this as it is for us. I mean, who cares what my countertop looks like, right? But I will share such pictures anyhow! :)
Well it's almost 10:30 and we all know that our little Maya wakes me up before 7 each morning so I should go get in bed now.
Until I have time to post again...

No comments:
Post a Comment