Tuesday, March 4, 2008

What's going on....

Before we went to Church on Sunday...

The icky ' before' picture of the sink area...

The 'during' picture...


The almost finished picture... I love my new sink and fixtures - it looks so much fancier and I'm glad the gold and the blue are finally gone!

So, as for our lives in a nutshell - Chloe is still throwing tantrums and Maya is cranky most of the time. Right now I am able to type cuz they are playing okay for the rare moment. All of Chris' spare time is spent on the kitchen now, in a race to finish before Saturday. It's coming along and the tiling has not been as hard as we thought. The special tile cutter saw Chris bought a while back works good and it's been much easier to cut the tiles than he thought it'd be. The tricky part is that we are using slate tiles, which are beautiful, but they are natural and not man made, so that means every tile is different - in color, thickness, size, shape, etc. Right now it's looking nice, but once it is grouted and a clear finish is applied to protect it from the splattering of food, water, etc., it will look different.

Anyway, it's been rough at our house lately - the girls are driving me nuts - especially since Chris is occupied by the kitchen work and it's all me pretty much taking care of them. UGH. I got a break Sunday by going to the grocery store but Monday was a very long day, and then today I got another much-needed break by my Mom coming over while I ran a few errands. If it weren't for that, I probably would've had a mental breakdown by right now.

Well, I could write much more, but now the girls are getting cranky again so I must go...

1 comment:

Amanda said...

So is that granite counter top I see? I love the backsplash! I've been watching HGTV too much lately and I am totally all about getting granite and a back splash eventually.. yeah right if I possibly am not working in the future that won't be happening anytime soon!