Chloe just had to climb on back of the 'choo-choo' and ride with her sister...
"Where there's a will, there's a way..." Maya did this on her own accord, she just had to see what Daddy was doing! :) (P.S. After posting this, I'm embarrased to have to say "sorry" about my husband and his 'pants problem'!! Oh boy...)

So it’s Thursday already… only 4 days till Maya turns a whole 1 year old and 2 days until her big party! I remember coming home from the hospital with Maya, only wearing a Spring jacket and here we woke up to tons of snow yesterday and we’re supposed to get a bunch more tomorrow and into Saturday! I am so sick of snow I could scream! On Monday it was actually 50 degrees for a while and since I’ve been going stir crazy in the house with the girls, I put their coats & hats on and we went on a very short walk down to the end of the street. It was nice, but it was really windy so we weren’t out long... But long enough to enjoy a glimpse of Spring & warm weather!
Anyway, yesterday was a good day - the sun was shining a lot which makes me feel good and I got a welcome break from the home-life by coming to work of course. Then last night my wonderful sister came over and helped me with the girls while of course Chris continued his tiling project. Last night he started grouting, even though the tiling is not finished completely around the sink/stove area. He bought black and white grout and mixed them together to create a nice dark gray color. It turned out wonderfully, however it took him almost 3 hours just to grout the small area around the sink!! So he said unless he comes home from work early on Friday and works on it for a few hours, there’s no way it will all be grouted and the protective finish applied to it by Saturday evening for the party. Oh well, though, it looks good anyhow and people will understand it’s a work in progress. :)
So in other news… I am very excited that my sister has invited me to be a part of a small group that has formed among her & some of her friends from Church. They will get together twice a month for a Bible/book study and at other times they will meet for a fun event, like this month, on a Sunday afternoon they’re driving up to Ikea in Michigan… and they will also get together occasionally on a Saturday morning for breakfast. I am so thrilled with the idea and I haven’t mentioned it to Chris yet - I am still pondering how to do that. At least it isn’t something that is every week - which is good - and hopefully will help him be okay with the idea of my going! And no matter what, I am going, because this is something I deeply need - something that will be for ME and will help me connect with other Christian women and will help me grow and give me an outlet so I don’t feel stuck in the house with the kids all the time. So I am greatly looking forward to it and I feel blessed to have an awesome sister who I am close to and who would include me in something like this! So please be praying that it all works out and that I am committed to it and will have a supportive husband. :)
Now it’s about lunch time (time for my weekly trip to Wal-Mart!) so I should be going… Hope your week’s going well!


No comments:
Post a Comment