So I have absolutely no time to be writing on here, but I’ve just folded & stapled 150 bulletins and I have 300 more to go, so I need a break! By Friday afternoon, my arms may just fall off. No kidding. Ohh, the joys of being a Church Secretary at Easter time. At least at Christmas you have 2 services - Christmas Eve and Day… whereas at Easter - you have all these special “Holy Week” services in addition to 3 Easter services on Saturday and Sunday! It’s enough to make a person go crazy. And of course there is other work to be done, while the phone rings off the hook and people are coming in & out of the Office, just making my job more stressful. Enough about this, though!
So on Monday night I went with my sister to the book study and we really just got to know one another - though all the women there pretty much knew each other, except for me! So it’s always a little strange and un-nerving meeting new people, but they each seemed nice and hopefully I will get along with them just fine! :) I read the first chapter in the book the other night and it was awesome. I think I’m going to learn a lot from this book study and I’m excited.
I took Maya to her 12 month check-up on Tuesday. Our regular Dr. is on maternity leave until July so we had to see the pediatrician filling in for her. She was a young, very nice woman, but she didn’t seem super sure of herself, when I was asking her questions about Maya’s possible milk allergy and such. It was like, she said to me “well, if you’ve done your own kinda’ trial and error thing, then she may still have an allergy and you should try giving her rice milk…” Not soy milk, I guess, cuz that can still be hard for babies to digest the milk proteins in it… so I guess next week at the grocery we’ll buy rice milk and then mix it with her formula… and I suppose we could try giving her the whole milk again sometime and just see if it affects her and then we’ll get our regular Dr.’s opinion when we go back in July. For a slight moment, the Dr. was concerned over Maya’s weight, which was preposterous (sorry if my spelling is off!!) I guess at her 9 month appt. she was weighing 20 lbs. 4 oz. and this time she weighed 20 lbs. 10 oz… and that’s not a significant gain, although she is in the 50th percentile for her weight, which if you ask me, means she is just normal! I don’t know - I couldn’t even believe the Dr. was concerned about it. And given the fact that Maya started walking at 10 months old, she is probably much more active than most babies and is probably burning off the food she eats more quickly! So, we aren’t worried. I will be glad to have our normal Dr. return in July. :)
So this weekend we are going to dye Easter eggs with Chloe for the first time ever! Yea! I always loved this tradition when I was growing up. :) And we’re also going to fill Easter baskets for the girls, with little treats and hide them, along with the eggs! This will be Chloe’s first time experiencing any of this, since we just figured she was too young to understand before. So I’m sure it’s gonna’ be lots of fun for her!
Well, that’s about all the news I can think of for now… I really need to get back to folding & stapling all these church bulletins. :(
P.S. Please pray for my step-Grandma, Dorothy, who is facing her last days of life right now. Pray for my step-Dad, John, and his family, and my Mom, as they prepare for her to go home to Jesus. It's very hard on them...
3 comments:
hey kimmy, it is brittany. we wnt through the whole milk think with both my kids and i thought i would tell you what i have learned.... if a child is reacting to milk, it can be one of 2 things a milk allergy (there will usually be a rash or breakout of some kind) or lactose intolerance (where they have trouble digesting the lactose in milk... so they get gas and are fussy) also, we used rice dream for gavin... it is expensive but good.... let me know if i can help at all ;-)
boy, i made a lot of mistakes!!!
another Gavin??? ahhh!! I find that there are a lot of Gavins now that we have one!! hehe. even a girl from college has a 1 year old named Gavin. fun!
Post a Comment