Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I need sunshine and warmer weather!


Right now I’m at work and my head hurts. I brought a pepsi with me for lunch since I know how hard it is for me to stay awake in the afternoon here. But I can’t believe it’s the caffeine making my head hurt. I don’t know.

Well, anyhow, today I decided I think maybe I have that seasonal disorder - I forget the name of it, but it’s the one where the lack of sunlight in the winter months makes you depressed. Okay, so I just googled it and it's called "SAD" or "Seasonal Affective Disorder" (go here to read about it)


http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/seasonal-affective-disorder/DS00195

So I think I have this or something, because I’ve just been feeling really ‘blah’ lately. I don’t want to be at work at ALL and when I think about it, I don’t really want to be at home either. I just feel like my attitude has been bad lately and that I’ve been grumpy and tired a lot of the time. So instead of thinking I have some deep emotional problem, I would like to think it’s just the weather. hah! (Well, I have to blame my negativity on something!) Now there are moments that I don’t feel this way - where I feel okay about life… but it seems during the winter months it’s just harder to be energetic and happy. But I wonder if everybody has this seasonal disorder to a certain degree - because really, what person living in the U.S. right now is NOT looking forward to the onset of Spring and warm & sunnier weather?!

So anyhow, these are my thoughts for now. My head still hurts and I don’t know why - maybe I’ve been staring at this screen too long. Hopefully this pepsi will give me energy and hopefully Spring will come early this year so I don’t have to feel depressed much longer. Because it’s the weather’s fault for how I feel! Am I sounding ridiculous?

No comments: