Monday, February 11, 2008

Here's what's happening with us!

I'm glad to say even though I didn't fall asleep until almost midnight last night - cuz I could barely breathe through my nose - I woke up this morning with a completely clear nose! YEA! I think it would be miraculous for my cold to be getting better so quickly when I just came down with it on Friday.

Anyway, on Saturday my Mom came up in the morning to cut hair... Chris got his trimmed and so did Chloe and for the 1st time, she got her long hair trimmed, not just her bangs! Now instead of having one very long strand of hair down the middle of her back, all her hair is one length and it's very cute!

We didn't do anything else over the weekend... Yesterday we made the mistake of going to Church... The windchill was like 10 below zero or something and the wind was terrible - it would take your breath away and it was just AWFUL. If I knew it was THAT bad outside, we would have stayed home... especially considering the girls were finally getting over their colds and mine was pretty bad. Oh well, we went... and I just pray everyone would stay healthy despite being out in the frigid temperatures and terrible wind.

Well, in other news, we are back on the low-fat diet for the most part. Chris had pretty much went back to eating 'normal' food and he's felt pretty bad all week.... his digestive system is all out of whack and so much to his dismay, he bought rice cakes at the grocery store again... and we got the ingredients for me to make low-fat cookies instead of the tasty cookies I've been making! I've been baking like crazy - I decided baking is like therapy to me for some reason. (If only I could cook dinner as well as I bake... we'd be in business! haha) So I love baking and this week I made chocolate chip cookie bars, out of yellow cake mix - very yummy & SO easy to make! But last night I tried a new recipe, and I made low-fat lemon cookies - with lemon yogurt and oatmeal and shredded lemon peel - and they turned out WONDERFUL!! They taste like the good ole' fashioned girl scout lemon cookies from a million years ago... and we could've just eaten the whole bowl of cookie dough I think! So that was good... they were a lot of work to make - and had to be refrigerated for an hour before I could bake them even, but it was worth it - very tasty and even low-fat which is amazing! Let me know if you ever want any of these recipes! :)

Oh, Chris' Mom called last night and she called the people who own the house we want to rent in Mackinaw and it is open the week in June we want to go!! They penciled our names in and we're waiting to make sure Chris' Dad can get the week off work before sending in our down-payment. This will be exciting if we can go - we will greatly look forward to it! If you want to see pics of the house, go here: http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/26255.html

Anyway that's about all for now... Here are some pictures from last weekend.... Hope your weekend went well!

Daddy and his girls.. Chris didn't want me to share this picture since it's a definite "just got out of bed" look. :) But I thought it was cute!

She wanted her pic taken, but didn't want to look at the camera at first! My stubborn child!

Chloe dressed as a cat, in the outfit my Aunt Sandy gave her!

Doesn't she look mischievous? hehe.

No comments: