Monday, February 4, 2008

Another week begins

Hi. First, you have to scroll down and watch the cute video of Chloe I just posted!! She is singing the song I told you she learned at Church last week... "I am growing.." and dancing, too! It's funny.

Anyway, we didn't do anything this weekend since both girls were sick. Chloe is finally better for the most part, after 2 days of multiple breathing treatments. And then Maya got the sneezing and runny/stuffy nose.... and she hasn't really started coughing, but when she does cough, it's loose and it sounds like her throat is full of stuff draining from her nose... I know, nice, eh? Both girls finally slept all night last night which was a blessing. We didn't get good sleep Fri. or Sat. night because of them waking up with icky noses or coughing fits. I am glad both of them are finally getting better!!

Sunday morning Chris and Maya stayed home since it was obvious that Maya was pretty icky feeling & tired and Chloe and I went to Church since I had to help in the nursery. It was me & another lady and there were about 8 kids, including Chloe... 4 of whom had runny & icky noses so it's going around it seems! We had one little kid - probably less than a year old - who started crying out of control and so we paged his number, so his parents would come him, and they didn't see their number pop up on the little screen so they didn't come get him! UGH. It was a bad day to work in the nursery. We listened to this boy cry his eyes out for 20 minutes straight. Every so often we'd get him to calm down for a minute, but then he'd start up again. So after that... Chloe and I went home - some day at Church that was! I was so mad though, I had ordered a 6 in. super bowl sub the previous Sunday (to eat for lunch on Monday I figured!) and I forgot to pick it up because of my crazy nursery experience and my brain being fried! Well, Erin forgot to pick hers up, too and so she went to Church last night & looked in the fridge... and NO subs!!! So we both donated $5 to some church group and didn't get our subs in return.. and we were pretty frustrated about that.

Anyway, not much else is going on.... Maya learned to clap yesterday and now she's walking around the house clapping.. it's funny. :) She is walking reallly well now and just about walks everywhere instead of crawling. This Sunday she will be 11 months old!! I'm in the process of making homemade party invitations right now for her big 1 year party next month! It's hard to believe.

So I've been in a baking frenzy lately... since we're sorta' back to eating cookies that are not low fat exactly! Last Monday I made banana bread and then on Tuesday I made peanut butter cookies. Yesterday, for our super bowl 'event', I made cinnamon spice cookies. They turned out good.

So yeah - Chris' parents and Alex came over last night and we ordered lotsa' pizza (too much!) and ate and watched the super bowl.... Chris' Mom and I decided to do something fun during this time so we got on-line and looked up places to rent near Mackinaw City, where we want to go on vacation in June. I did research last summer but we never decided on anything or made any reservations. Well, we came across the same house I found last summer that we liked and we wrote down some questions and now I'm 'spose to call I guess and see if they have the week we want to go in June available. It's $900 for a week so that means we'd split it and Chris and I would pay $450 and his parents would pay $450. And since it's a house we'd be able to eat most of our meals in and save lots of money. So that would be something to look forward to...

Well, both girls are out of my sight so I better go see what kinda' trouble one or both of them is getting into!!

No comments: