Friday, February 1, 2008

A snowy start to the weekend

So we’re having a super snowy day here today. Most of the snow fell this morning which made the drive to work rather challenging… but I actually still made it on time surprisingly! We were supposed to get up to 6 inches I think by tonight… but it hasn’t really done much during the day - right now it’s more of a drizzle falling instead of snow so no 6 inches for us I guess.

Well, in our world… Chloe is sick again. UGH! She was well for a mere few days it seemed…. and now she’s got a cold again. It started with sneezing and a runny nose, as always… and now it’s a cough - a yucky & persistent one and so we gave her a breathing treatment this morning after breakfast and my Mom was going to give her another one before her nap this afternoon. Hopefully that’ll keep her airways open and prevent the cold from going to her chest or getting worse. Why is it children get sick SO easily? All we did was take her to Church on Sunday and that must’ve done it! Maya is okay at the moment. But they did take a bath together last night - and of course Maya picked up a cup they play with, which was full of water and put it up to her mouth & took a large gulp and then about choked!! Needless to say, the germs are in her, I’m sure, esp. after drinking some of the bath water! Ick! So let’s pray about germs at our house! My body is still trying its best to fight off getting sick… there were a few days when I would feel terrible when I’d wake up in the morning ,but after being up for a while, I was fine. Chris sounds really bad in the morning & at night… like he is congested.. and sometimes his throat feels weird. UGH. The last time all 4 of us were healthy was before Thanksgiving…

Anyway, we have no big plans this weekend. Chris is a few steps away from completing the ceiling - covering it in wood… then it’s on to the next step in the process… removing the rest of the wallpaper around the kitchen - like above the cupboards & such… and painting the walls in those areas. He also has to install chair molding in the dining room area and put new molding between the wall & ceiling (called crown molding I think?) After all that he will be tackling the countertop… he wants to put a new granite countertop in… I don’t… I see myself scrubbing grout lines in the future if we go that route! He is also thinking he’s gonna’ tile the backsplash behind the sink… This all sounds like too much work to me! UGH. And we hope to still finish all this before March 10 - Maya’s birthday! We’ll see.

Tonight we’re gonna’ splurge and get Max ’n Erma’s take-out. We’ve been throwing the diet out the window a lot more lately since Chris doesn’t complain anymore about how he’s feeling. I take that as meaning he doesn’t feel nauseous anymore after he eats, no matter what it is, but who knows! He still says he’s just ignoring it.. so I don’t know if he’s better or not.

Today I got to see my friend Brenda, who I wrote about a few weeks ago, whose house had caught on fire. I saw her for the first time today since that happened and she cried & I felt so bad, and I am now on a mission to supply her with a new wardrobe for free - by cleaning out mine & my sisters closets and anyone else close to me who may wear the same size as her! hehe. Brenda is a bargain shopper and likes re-sale shops so she doesn’t mind accepting our slightly ‘used’ clothes. :) So I am excited to see her next Friday and give her lots of fun new things to wear.. hopefully we can find things! She really lost a lot in the fire and I even got to see tons of pictures of the house, which was damaged so bad…. It was unbelievable… their living room walls and everything was just BLACK - they looked like chalkboards! It was unreal. The clean-up company who is doing an awesome job said they should be able to fix it up and basically rebuild their first floor, and have them living back in it by April!! That’d be amazing. That is hopeful.

Well, it reminded me how blessed I am… you never know when something catastrophic could happen and you could lose most of your ‘precious’ belongings, which you believe mean so much, but what a wake-up call when you are left with nothing... And you become thankful for the little things! Someone sharing their coat with you, or giving you a pair of shoes and their sweater…. Brenda was wearing almost a whole outfit given to her today!

Anyway, it’s about time for me to go home now and start my weekend, so I guess I’ll end it here… Someday I hope to post some more pictures and maybe take more videos! :)

1 comment:

merin1011 said...

Let me know if I can help with anything for your friend. I'm CERTAIN that I have some clothes and other household items that she needs much more than I do. Please let me know. <3