So I think my life could be summed up in this simple phrase: "No rest for the weary."
I am tired. Maya took a morning nap and today didn't want to go down for an afternoon nap. Yesterday she did a morning and afternoon nap with no trouble. Today, not the case. She ended up screaming for 45 minutes and as a result, she is now coughing. She hasn't coughed at all during her whole 'sickness' so I'm convinced the coughing developed from her crying out of control for SO long. Now I feel bad. I shouldn't have let her cry. I tried real hard to soothe her, though... and she was just mad, or in pain, or something... who really knows.... her nose was bothering her, her teeth were bothering her... AND she was tired, but refused to calm down and just go to sleep. So by the time I got her to sleep, it was 3:00 and then someone came to the door at 3:30 and she also coughed every 5 minutes for the first 45 mins. of her nap!!! So in a nutshell, I didn't get a nap. I LOVE my naps.... I GREATLY look forward to naptime each day that I'm home with the girls.... Usually they sleep 2 hours, on a good day, and I get a 2 hour nap as well. It is wonderful. Some days I only get an hour nap... whatever it is, I greatly need it & enjoy it. Today, no nap for me. I think I'll be going to bed at 9:00 tonight.... and I'm real nervous it's gonna' be a rough night if Maya continues this coughing routine. I could always give her a breathing treatment like I do Chloe, the Dr. said it's okay, but I don't know how on earth I'd get Maya to sit still long enough to get the medicine in her. It usually takes about 20 minutes for one treatment.
So that is the story of my life this afternoon. I am a weary & tired mother. And you know what they say... "No rest for the weary." It is so true . The girls will wake up from their naps any minute now and somewhere inside me I must come up with some massive amount of energy so I can take care of them for the next 5 hours. Say a prayer for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment