I'm so glad it's Friday!
Last night we went to Chris' parents for dinner and they agreed to watch the girls so we could go out for dinner this evening! We are hoping to use an Olive Garden gift card we have... but who knows since the wait might be forever at 6 p.m. on a Friday! AND his Mom also said she'd watch the girls while we run to a few stores tomorrow! Hallelujah! I am so excited about that. We hope to go to Michael's, and then either Target or Babies 'R Us and buy a new car seat. Maya has pretty much outgrown the infant seat & it's time to get the next step up which is what Chloe rides in right now. We don't really want to get the same one Chloe has, since it was $130!! But we also don't want to get the cheapest and not be happy with it. So I'm very excited about getting some time together just the 2 of us....
So on another note, after re-measuring our countertop and giving Home Depot the exact measurements, they said it's now going to be $200 more for it, which doesn't make sense because our 'actual' figures were smaller than the estimated figures we gave them at first! They said it's because of the supposed odd lay-out of our countertop. So we're confused and mad, and we are not going to pay some HUGE amount of money for the cheapest counterop out there, which is laminate. So Chris is calling a guy he knows to see what he can do... but I don't know how we're going to be able to get it done in the next week which is what we need! UGH. I don't see how the kitchen will be complete before the b-day party. And though we've agreed on the tile for the backsplash, Chris can't do it until the countertop is installed. Oh, the problems.... so let's hope this all works out somehow.
So I'm kinda' bummed because my favorite TV couple from the show "Jon and Kate Plus 8" are going to be an hour away from us, speaking at a Church, on Saturday night and I realllly wanted to go see them... but of course we won't be able to. :( I really wanted to see Jon and Kate - I admire their amazing parenting skills, with having sextuplets that are 3 years old and then twin girls who are 7!! Everytime I watch the show I am encouraged and I thought it'd be awesome to go see them in person at a nearby church, but since Chris and I don't go out very often because of a lack of 'babysitters' - we are not gonna' be able to go. Oh well I guess.
Anyway, I've had a super busy day so far at work - poor Brenda has had to listen to me rant & rave about life all morning. What a wonderful friend - well, it's not like she really had a choice I guess! :) I am SO tired right now and I wish I could just take a nap - no one is around; the Priest's are out of town and it's quiet and the sun is streaming in my window and I don't want to do any of the 800 things on my "To Do" list.
I hope you have a good weekend and that you're feeling encouraged today...
No comments:
Post a Comment