Well it’s Wednesday. A dark, rainy & dreary Wednesday. After my long day yesterday with no nap, which I would not wish upon anybody, my poor Mom has suffered today like I did! Maya didn’t sleep all that bad last night like I was dreading… she only coughed slightly every so often. But today has been rough. My Mom gave her Tylenol at lunch time and still Maya would not take a nap for her and she was coughing pretty bad. I finally made the call to the Dr. and I’m leaving work tomorrow at 2:30 to take her in at 3:20… unless she has a miraculous recovery by tomorrow afternoon. I feel bad that I put off taking her this long & that she’s just getting worse. I figured it would just run its course and soon be done with, like it did with Chloe… but perhaps not. Somehow my Mom successfully gave Maya a breathing treatment and she said Maya even put the mouthpiece (which blows out the medicine) in her mouth like she’s supposed to.. I was amazed at hearing that. Of course she didn’t do it for the entire 20 minutes, but at least she got some of the medicine in her. And then finally my Mom got Maya to lay down for her nap but she said she was still coughing a lot - which means it probably was not a good nap. :( And meanwhile, Chloe was not being cooperative and would not lay down & take her nap! UGH. My poor, poor Mom. I’ve been praying for her all day. I know how hard it is to take care of these active children on a good day, and how draining it is on a bad day, especially when the kids don’t take good naps. She will probably not look forward to coming tomorrow to watch them, that’s for sure!
So that’s today’s update. I am still healthy - PRAISE the good Lord… and Chris is hanging in there. Hopefully we have an okay night tonight with our tired & cranky children. Let’s hope for the best. I guess if all else fails, we can always take their clothes off and let them run around in their diapers, which always seems to make everything better & make them both incredibly happy... that and jumping and rolling around on Mommy & Daddy's bed together... Ohh, life with 2 kids...
1 comment:
Kim, you might want to try vicks rubbed on Maya's feet and then put socks on. Sounds crazy, but it worked wonders for R's cough a few weeks ago. And I read hundreds of testimonies online of how it worked for other people too. It's supposed to help them sleep. Might try it for her naps and nighttime, too. Just a suggestion!
Post a Comment