Thursday, February 7, 2008

Finally on the mend?

So here is the Thursday update. Maya slept alright last night… she coughed quite a bit and tossed & turned from 9:00 until about 12:30, but then I don’t remember anything until 6:20 this morning when she woke up and wouldn’t go back to sleep. (Yeah, I’m feeling pretty tired right now!) Maya has been waking up much earlier than Chloe lately, who likes to sleep past 8… and while I’m eating breakfast and getting ready for work, I am also trying to watch Maya, and lately she makes the trek down the hall and pushes Chloe’s door open, looking for her! Yesterday she walked into Chloe’s room 6 times while I was trying to get ready!!! I had to keep running in after her & whisking her away into the other room to prevent Chloe from waking up. Today she actually walked in and Chloe noticed & said "Hi baby!" - so she was woken up before 8 a.m. - meaning my Mom had to deal with a whiny/cranky Chloe this morning!

Anyway, my Mom and I decided we’d see how the morning went today to determine whether I should still take Maya to the Dr. this afternoon. Since she’d gotten up so early, she went down for a nap easily for my Mom this morning and slept sound - with no coughing! - and was a happy girl when she woke up, with not too bad of a boogery nose! So we decided to cancel the appt. We think yesterday must’ve just been the worse day for her cold and now she’s finally on the mend. Hallelujah!

So since I wasn't leaving work early today, I got to take my usual lunch break trip to Wal-Mart. I love my weekly visits to Wal-Mart. Why? Because there is no other time in my life that I get to go shopping by myself! Usually I buy banana’s, baby food, a donut (as a treat for myself!), a hershey bar with almonds for my Mom (as a treat for her!) and whatever else I feel like buying because it’s a good deal. But I get yelled at for this… “You spend $50 a week at Wal-Mart!!” is what I have heard… (Though it’s usually only $20 at the most!) Despite that, today I splurged. Everything was on sale - clothes-wise, that is…. And you know my friend Brenda, who lost 95% of her clothes in the fire…? Well, I just had to buy her some things! And I figured, you know, we can always take the stuff back… it was just too good of a deal to pass up! I got her this nice fleece shirt that is really soft and pretty, and it came with a striped scarf that is cute, and it was only $3!! And they had really nice fleece pull-overs for men - the kind with the zipper half-way, so you have to pull it over your head - for only $5! I bought a medium in green and a large in black… I thought Chris might need one… If not, I’ll take it back… and I figure the other one I’ll give to Brenda’s husband, or maybe even my step-Dad… everyone likes to receive unexpected gifts! (Yes, I know, Wal-Mart thrives on suckers like me!!) I also got a nice fleece zip-up coat type thing for $5 - maybe Brenda will like that, too… and I bought myself a cute bright green v-neck t-shirt for only $3! Yes, all these deals add up though, and I nearly spent $35!! I’m gonna’ get in so much trouble for today’s purchases, but oh well. Why is it that shopping always makes a woman feel better about life? It surely isn’t Biblical - my feeling good about myself & life in general, after a good shopping experience… but yet I do it anyway. :)

Well, I have to get back to work... Guess I will end it here!

No comments: