Friday, February 8, 2008

Maya's on the mend, but I'm not...

I am glad it’s Friday. And I’m glad to report Maya is still getting better. We went to Chris’ parents last night for dinner and she fell asleep on the way home, around 8:20 and then stayed sleeping through getting her out of the car seat, taking her coat & hat off and putting her in bed! So I told Chris I should probably get in bed by 9:30 since I knew Maya would be waking up at 5:30 this morning since she went to sleep so early! (She usually falls asleep around 8:45/9:00) Sure enough, my motherly instincts were right, and at 5:50 this morning, Maya woke up. I gave her a few ounces of formula to get her back to sleep and she actually did for once - praise Jesus! We got out of bed at 6:50 instead.

Anyway, I woke up feeling just terrible. Last night I could feel my head starting to hurt and just feeling groggy and I started sneezing and my nose started running - UGH! I knew this was finally IT… my body was finally giving in to the dreaded cold being passed around my house for the past month. Today I felt worse until I took a nice hot shower, which made me breathe a little better and made my throat feel better.. it was weird & scratchy when I first woke up. So now I’m in for a fun weekend - haha. Let’s pray that I get some good rest so the cold doesn’t last forever.. Usually I’m on kid duty all weekend, though, while Chris works on the kitchen and what-not. We’ll see…

I guess there isn’t much else to write about. I’m gonna’ get back to finishing the invitations for Maya’s birthday party now - yes, don’t tell anyone I’m doing this while at work! :) Hope you are staying healthy and WARM - Have a good weekend…

No comments: