Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My life

So I feel like I haven't written much on here lately, but really I could write a novel about how I've been feeling & about life in general, though I will try and spare you all the details and just sum it up in a few sentences instead. I know I have a million things to be thankful for and that as a Christian, I should be joyful in all things, but lately I just haven't been. If I could use 2 words to sum up my life lately it would be discouraged & exhausted. Maybe it's because I have a 2 & 1/2 year old and an 11 month old which keep me running in circles constantly and leave me feeling physically & mentally exhausted on a daily basis... maybe it's because I rarely get any 'me' time, or quality time alone with my husband.. or maybe it's just a combination of these things and many more. Life is hard. I know I shouldn't see it this way - I have it easier than so many people in the world.... but I think we ALL go through times in our lives where we feel this way. Just discouraged & tired, of so many things. And we feel like we just need a break - from everything... from the daily routines and the stress of everyday life. I want to forget about the piles of laundry, the dirty dishes in the sink, the poopy diapers, the crying baby, the cranky 2 yr. old... I want a vacation from it all. Just 1 day off would be nice. A day where I don't have to go to work, I don't have to do anything - just do whatever I want to do. It sounds wonderful. I would go out to eat - for breakfast, lunch & dinner and I would go shopping - and take my time looking at things - it would be a blessing.

I think all women who are stay-at-home Mom's are awesome. If you are one, you are to be commended - and I look up to you. I wish I could be a better Mom to my children and not feel so stressed out half the time when I must spend long hours with them days in a row.

Well, I guess I've used enough words to sum up how I feel lately. Back to the crying & cranky kids now... Say a prayer for me if you think of it.. that soon I would feel uplifted and encouraged again.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow I now know exactly what you're talking about! It's amazing to think we never do get a "day off"! Exhausting to even imagine it! First of all you need to stop posting at 7 am no wonder you are tired! hehe. I am blessed that now I can sleep in with Gavin but when I have to go back to work it is going to be sooo tiring! Hang in there!!!

Kim said...

P.S. When it says at the bottom of a post what time I posted, it is never the right time - don't ask me why. For example, the post before this one says something atrocious like 4:30 a.m.! HAH! I am definitly sleeping at that time.. So yeah, just ignore those times.